Jump to content
c4forums | The Control4 Community

Garage door control in composer


Jeffrey

Recommended Posts

I posted this in another thread, but I think it more appropriate here. Thanks!

I'm following this:https://www.control4.com/documentation/Composer_HE_User_Guide/Program_Using_a_Custom_Buttons_Agent.htm to allow me to close the garage door from my 6 button keypad in the master bedroom.

In programming, under device actions, when I click garage door sensors I have conditionals, but no commands for the garage door. Same thing for the contact state, just conditionals and no commands. I can control the garage door in system design by clicking on relay one. How can I gain control of this command in programming?

Do I need to add a generic relay driver and bind the existing garage relay to it? It seems like I shouldn't have to do this though.

Thanks,

Jeff

0

Link to comment
Share on other sites


Hi Jeff. Most likely the driver for the garage door you have added is the sensor only.

The quickest way to see for sure is to add a new garage door driver to your system. The driver you are looking for will be called exactly. " Garage Door (Sensor)".

Then under connections, there should be a contact sensor binding and a relay binding. Connect the two correctly and post your result. Good luck and I hope this helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Jeffrey said:

I'm following this:https://www.control4.com/documentation/Composer_HE_User_Guide/Program_Using_a_Custom_Buttons_Agent.htm to allow me to close the garage door from my 6 button keypad in the master bedroom.

Well for one - custom buttons and keypad buttons are two completely different things.

Quote

can control the garage door in system design by clicking on relay one

Sounds like you have a goofed up setup with a separate garage door sensor (perhaps froma  security system?) and a separate relay driver for control.

That, or perhaps you have a MyQ bridge?

That said, for the button, wherever you 'press' that relay, is likely the same thing you need to select to give you control.

 

But it does indeed sound like you do not have the correct drivers installed to make this as simple as it should be.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Cyknight said:

Well for one - custom buttons and keypad buttons are two completely different things.

Sounds like you have a goofed up setup with a separate garage door sensor (perhaps froma  security system?) and a separate relay driver for control.

That, or perhaps you have a MyQ bridge?

That said, for the button, wherever you 'press' that relay, is likely the same thing you need to select to give you control.

 

But it does indeed sound like you do not have the correct drivers installed to make this as simple as it should be.

Yes - one thing at a time.  I used the card access relay and utilized the internal magnetic contact on the relay to give me open/closed sensing for the door. Do I need another driver besides the Card Access relay driver Cy?

Thanks!  

7 hours ago, VINCELdUB said:

Hi Jeff. Most likely the driver for the garage door you have added is the sensor only.

The quickest way to see for sure is to add a new garage door driver to your system. The driver you are looking for will be called exactly. " Garage Door (Sensor)".

Then under connections, there should be a contact sensor binding and a relay binding. Connect the two correctly and post your result. Good luck and I hope this helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Vince.  I used the Card Access relay driver to bind the internal magnetic sensor to the garage door.  But in the connections tab when I click either of the relays, I have nothing to bind them to in the bottom box.  I assumed the Card Access driver would have had this in there.  But I guess since the relay can be used for a multitude of different things, they wouldn't make it garage door specific.  

Thanks,

Jeff

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Jeff, good morning. 6 am for me here in BC. I have read your response and again we are talking about two different parts of the entire picture.

Give me a moment to send you a few screen shots. Hopefully this will answer more questions than words. Pic=1,000 and all that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Jeffrey said:

But I guess since the relay can be used for a multitude of different things, they wouldn't make it garage door specific.

Sounds like you're missing a driver for the garage door, and you would tie both the sensor and he relay to it - as said before, it sounds like you have a sensor only driver for the door, so you'd need to utilize a different driver.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thanks Vince!  This worked great!  I had the wrong driver.  Once I installed the correct driver it worked perfectly.  Now I need to figure out how to make button 3 on my six button in the master bedroom turn red if the garage door is open.  

I created a variable called "Garage Door open" and the logic is as follows

? if the variables ->garage door open is true

->set LED: 3 on color to Red on Master Bedroom ->6 button Keypad 

? if the variables ->garage door open is false

->set LED: 3 on color to Black on Master Bedroom ->6 button Keypad     

However it isn't working.  I must be missing a step.  Any advice?  What happened to the c4diy site?  I learned some good tricks on there.  

Thanks,

Jeff

Link to comment
Share on other sites

32985e85812592e5bb32c529f282756d.jpge3e3dbfbacd2ef40868e592c231e173a.jpg

Notice the buttons next to mouse cursor. Uncheck keypad a managed and follow bound device. This makes the button and its led become separate from each other allowing you to program as needed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

On 2016-04-07 at 4:13 PM, Jeffrey said:

Thanks Vince!  This worked great!  I had the wrong driver.  Once I installed the correct driver it worked perfectly.  Now I need to figure out how to make button 3 on my six button in the master bedroom turn red if the garage door is open.  

I created a variable called "Garage Door open" and the logic is as follows

? if the variables ->garage door open is true

->set LED: 3 on color to Red on Master Bedroom ->6 button Keypad 

? if the variables ->garage door open is false

->set LED: 3 on color to Black on Master Bedroom ->6 button Keypad     

However it isn't working.  I must be missing a step.  Any advice?  What happened to the c4diy site?  I learned some good tricks on there.  

Thanks,

Jeff

Instead of using variables, why not use the contact states? It would be much more reliable in my opinion. The contacts will read the state of the contacts, the variables will only change whenever they are set to be changed. But if you change it based on the contacts, there's added redundancy there.

 

edit: VINCELdUB's images show how they can be used.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...