C4 Forums | Control4

Thermostat Installation PDF

fbpro

I trolled through the files area and various searches, but wasn't able to find the CCZ-T1 thermostat installation manual. Can anyone provide?

I received the CCZ-T1-(COLOR) thermostat during a beta test some years back, and once completed they let me keep the t-stat (too bad I had to send back the master controller :D). Anyway, I had never really had a need for this until I moved to my new home recently. The documentation they sent with it is now lost, and I just want to wire it up and use it as a standalone thermostat. Any help appreciated.

This is probably a much older module, though I see no "version" on it. It was given to several of us to test before public release. For reference however, it only has two dipswitches inside, Fuel/Elec (SW6) and Conventional/Heat Pump (SW7).

I found a few posts where the PDF was supposedly provided, but the forum seemed to be having trouble displaying the link, or the uploader was having trouble getting the file. If this is a problem, I can provide my personal email or use any of the thousands of free file-sending sites around the 'net.

Thanks in advance.

The only versions that did NOT have a power stealing switch where the beta units! During the original beta testing - it was discovered that it was needed, and the first models were given a jumper - later it was changed to a switch. But the only models that did not have either, were the beta units.

If it doesn't have a "power stealing" switch, i would throw it away..

It works just fine without the power-stealing switch. I have it connected right now with the jumper in place, and it works fine. There's not even a battery in there and it comes on just great. I really just need to ensure that I've got the other wires on. Would anyone care to provide the wiring schematic instead of instructions to discard the unit? Thanks,

I don't have them handy right now - but it's the same as you wire ANY thermostat... no difference at all in your case.

You are correct; I found a wikipedia entry on the topic, and with 5 of the 8 wires connected it all works as expected (I left the orange wire off at first, but connecting it made everything function as desired). Thank you all for your assistance. Maybe I'll have to troll around further and see if I can't pick up some second-hand gear now ...

i used to have the white paper on tweaking these old ones... the common wire im doing now doesnt work... :( i had to cut 2 of the 4 connections on the the diode in the bottom right corner (looking at the back) to disable power stealing. Im strongly considering getting a new one since my batt runs it right now and lasts only 3 or 4 months.

one more power stealing question:

i am using it here in middle east - we don't use heat mode, only cool mode is used. connected thermostat's RC to transformer Return (24 VAC), green to fan call and Y1 to Compressor call. The problem is, i have no tranformer Common (24VAC) Coming from the HVAC system (the cable coming from the HVAC sytem is having only 3 cables), so i'm forced to use Power stealing. The problem is, when the compressor is on, the unit goes dead (if the battery is not in place) or uses the battery for operation. beleive the TS shorts the RC and Y pins which in turn remove the power to TS. I don't want this to happen as changing the battery is diffcult for the customer.

i have the new version with powerstealing switch and the unit came with one 270 ohms resister. i have gone through the manual and various sites to know about the connetion of this resister but no information available anywhere. can anyone advice method to use power stealing with or without this resister using this three connetions?.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived