C4 Forums | Control4

Will 2Gig Alarm Systems Ever Be Compatible with C4?

I recently built a home and the builder put in a basic alarm system (Vista 15 Panel I believe). The alarm company that came to actually activate my alarm, ended up not using the Vista 15, and putting in a 2Gig system (knowing that I had intended to use it with C4).

I purchased the 4232 CBM module to tie C4 into it, and when they came out to tie it all in, realized the module was technically useless because of the 2Gig system.

Will the 2Gig alarm system ever be compatible with C4, or should I just sell the module, and know that my alarm will never be able to be tied into my C4 system?

Thanks,

Brian

31 minutes ago, konieczn said:

and putting in a 2Gig system (knowing that I had intended to use it with C4)

? If they knew, they can come back and replace it.

"ever" is a long time, but I know of no intend by anyone to make it happen (not that I know everyone's intend).

Thanks for the response. I've contacted the company again to see if there's anyway they can come swap out the system since the system they installed is not able to be integrated with my C4. The problem is, it's a friend of mine who owns the company so I hate to inconvenience them because they've helped me in other regards, but at the same time, I was told my system would work with C4, and now it doesn't.

15 minutes ago, Cyknight said:

Friend or not - you had a perfectly good Vista panel sitting there with a module on order. Now you have a (perfectly good) alarm system, but it doesn't do what you wanted to.

This is why we do security to begin with....

Exactly how I feel, thank you for your response, now let's hope I can get this resolved.

• 1 month later...

Archived