C4 Forums | Control4

Adding XM stations and playlists to Broadcast Audio

I am having trouble figuring out how to add sonos favorites to use for programming  - ex set a custom button to start an itunes playlist or Sirius XM station.  It's been a long time since I did it last and just can't figure out how to get new playlists/XM stations to show up in the "Browse for Media" as shown below.  More specifically, I am looking to edit Broadcast Audio.  I have new playlists and XM stations I want to add here.  In the example, BREAKFAST is a playlist that works, but for some reason 28-The Spectrum will not play.  I am first trying to figure out how to edit this list (ex Shuffle is a playlist I don't use anymore. 

I feel like I had to add them as Favorites in Sonos (which I have) but can't find those in HE 2.8.1

In the user guide it talks about the Media section and using Broadcast for XM, but no clear directions and nothing I can see allows me to edit this list.  I feel like I have done this before, but I am stuck. 

Help is much appreciated. 

To program any Sonos 'favorites' you need to have the favorites driver added (similar to the service mini drivers.

From there, you are correct, you need to save things as a favorite, then find that mini driver under programming. The mini driver ITSELF allows you to select what rooms are used, so you program directly under the driver NOT under the room.

Cyknight - thanks for the reply.  Just want to be clear that I am not a dealer, but a homeowner using the Composer Home Edition.  Forgive me as I am novice to the Programming part of this. 

Not sure I can install drivers on the Home Edition.  However, there are old playlists and XM stations that are in there already.  I am trying to find out how to add new ones.  I am running 2.8.1.

No, you cannot install the driver with HE.

It's entirely possible that you have existing stations and playlists - it USED to be added there, but that was removed due to it causing some sort type of issue (something about audio pathing or a conflict - I don't know the details).

Existing items were NOT removed on that change (so as to not break existing programming), but new favorite addition won't show up - it was instead replaced with the method I stated above.

Yes, it's a driver specific to Sonos - it's along the same vein as the Music Library driver, Spotify driver and SiriusXM driver.

If/once added you simply look for it where it gets placed - usually ina  central rack room etc - you go to that 'driver' on the right, select it and it'll have drop down options for teh saved favorites and a dropdown list that allows you to select what rooms to start it in. For iTunes playlists, off the top of my head, yo need to save those as a favorite as well but I may be wrong there. There is a different driver for 'Playlists' but those are for playlists created within Sonos itself, not the imported itunes playlists I THINK (but I'd get both added just to be sure.)

Archived