C4 Forums | Control4

music zones keypads programming

Yellowsh

Hi, 

I'm having issues with keypad buttons programming. I have 20 zones C4 matrix in the house and need program "Music" buttons on 20 keypads to simply play radio channel from integrated TuneIn. If I play music in one room and press button in another it will stop play in previous room. Any ideas how to program this properly or where to find some help? Is there possibility make dedicated TuneIn for each room maybe?

Thanks

Y

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, thanks for reply :) I have EA-5, 16xchannel C4 audio matrix, 2x C4 8xchannel power amp and 1x C4 4xchannel matrix/amp. All keypads are C4 Zigbee. I need to use TuneIn source from EA-5 out. What do you think?

Thanks a lot

Y

Ok my friend. The first restriction you have is the physical outputs available to you. You have an EA-3 and the EA-5 has 3 audio outputs and only two of them are analog. Therefore, with this configuration, you can only have 2 TuneIn sources at one time. If you use a digital audio converter (DAC) to convert your third output on EA-5, you will have three TuneIn sources.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you plan to have only two or three tunein streams working at once. Then there is a very simple way to set up keypads that I have used in the past. And that is to create two or three rooms called TuneIn Stream 1, TuneIn Stream 2, and TuneIn Stream 3. And then bind the audio endpoint to a "virtual" audio matrix.

Then hide the rooms from navigator and then program a schedule or event to have those three rooms start the station you want. then have each zone keypad button join digital media in room TuneIn Stream 1,2,or 3

I have a 14 zone system in a spa working this way perfectly with 4 HC300s running the 6 digital media stream and I have each morning start he streams in he "virtual rooms"

I could share the project with you to give you a head start if you would like.

Hope this helps. Happy Automating!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

... He has EA5 and it has 2 analog and 2 coax digital outputs, so 4 in total, not 3. Also as he has matrix amp he could connect coax outs into it because it has 2 coax inputs.

But it all depends on room configuration and wiring.

Yes, all I need is basically turn on and off one TuneIn stream in every room separately but capable play all rooms in same time. I also have few touch panels in the house where I can manage that but keypads are essential for some rooms. I was thinking program command  "add another zone to current session" but I guess there is no such thing. I`m gonna try use that "rooms" idea and see if it will fit to my house.

Thanks for your answers

If you could share your project that would be very helpful also what driver you use as virtual matrix?

Y

30 minutes ago, 9800pro said:

... He has EA5 and it has 2 analog and 2 coax digital outputs, so 4 in total, not 3. Also as he has matrix amp he could connect coax outs into it because it has 2 coax inputs.

But it all depends on room configuration and wiring.

Yes, but All I need right know is just one source for all of them. Simple Push and play button for one TuneIn station.

2 hours ago, Yellowsh said:

Yes, but All I need right know is just one source for all of them. Simple Push and play button for one TuneIn station.

Similar problem here. I'm trying to program a keypad button to turn on my audio source in TuneIn, in a specific radio. It kinda works, despite the fact that it's choosing an ordinary radio station, instead the one specified on TuneIn.

What I did was to Select Media > Broadcast Audio > choose the channel number. Should I select my audio source first?

• 1 month later...

So what is missing here is that the music keypads need to be programmed at the room level.

You also need to add the tunein stations that you want to use to your tunein favorites.

programming should look like this

When button on keypad is pressed

Select tune in station in X Room

and your done.

how this will work c4 will decide how to stream the music to each of the rooms

if you cannot get more than one stream then the connections either virtually or in reality may not be setup properly

Archived