C4 Forums | Control4

Program multiple lighting loads with both dimmer and keypad

Jeffrey

Hello,

What is the best method of programming two separate lighting loads to turn on/off with a 3 way switch (dimmer on one side and 6 button on other side)?  Advanced lighting scene?  

This is for my kitchen where the can lights are on one load and the sink lights are on another load.  I want both loads to turn on/off when I turn the can lights dimmer and bound keypad on/off.  Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Jeff

Current Generation of dimmers? If you want to ALWAYS have those act as one - there's a driver that does that by C4 (but ONLY for the new gen, and all loads must be on dimmers, or all on switches, no mixing the two). That driver goes 'over top' of true dimmers, automatically keeping them in synch and act as one (also hides the 'true' units and just shows the one light on the navs.

If older style - same question first - do you want those two lights to just always act as one light or do you want to retain control of the individual.

Dimmer controls a load

6 button does not contro a load

There must be another load controlling device somewhere.

Advanced lighting scenes is the way to do it. Then you program (or have your dealer bind) those to the buttons.

The binding is helpful as you can then have better led tracking on the keypad and switch location.

11 minutes ago, SMHarman said:

Dimmer controls a load

6 button does not contro a load

There must be another load controlling device somewhere.

Advanced lighting scenes is the way to do it. Then you program (or have your dealer bind) those to the buttons.

The binding is helpful as you can then have better led tracking on the keypad and switch location.

Older style dimmers.

The kitchen can dimmer and 6 button are on a 3 way switch (one load) and the sink lights are on a separate load (second load).  

I would like to retain control of the sink light if needed.  If I turn kitchen can lights on/off,  I would like both kitchen and sink lights to turn on/off.

Thanks,

Jeff

No programming on sink switch.

2 scenes all kitchen lights on. And all kitchen lights off.

Track all loads at any state.

Mark each as the toggle of the other.

On the can switch.

Program press / and single tap to activate scene on and set the top and bottom led colors.

And if there are 6 button button(s) you use for same set less there.

Similar for bottom button. But with off scene.

If you have a dealer or / remote dealer here.

Bind the on / off scenes to the switch. Tell the switch leds to follow load status.

Bind the switch to two keypad buttons. Have their leds follow the load.

Awesome thanks!  I need to use separate buttons for on/off on the 6 button correct?  I can't use one button to toggle could I?  Seems like it would have to keep track of the sink light state in order to make sure it was making them both on or off depending on what state the sink lights were in.

Thanks again!

Awesome thanks!  I need to use separate buttons for on/off on the 6 button correct?  I can't use one button to toggle could I?  Seems like it would have to keep track of the sink light state in order to make sure it was making them both on or off depending on what state the sink lights were in.

Thanks again!

Yes you can use one button on the 6, hence button(s) on the above post.

That button woild be programmed with toggle kitchen on scene.

As the kitchen on scene has all kitchen lights in it and all tracked if any kitchen light was on, the first press would turn all off.

So if someone walked into kitchen over to sink ans turned sink on now the kitchen light on scene would be active.

You can see scenes go active inactive on composer in the advanced lighting agent and see how your button presses change those active inactive.

Archived