C4 Forums | Control4

7" Touch Screen

treyco

I've read a lot of the forums and understand that the intercom functionality has been a long awaited/debated issue. I am building a new home and am considering outfitting it completely in C4 gear. My question is this. Given that the new 7" screen would have the required horsepower for encoding/decoding audio, can anyone verify that it does have the built in speaker and mic? I've seen pictures, but do not see where these would be located.

Yes it DOES have a speaker and mic, whether or not these will be implemented in any way is the million dollar question...The 7 inch also has a light sensor and motion sensor of sorts....once again, whether or not these will be used is up in the air.

I was talking to my dealer recently and he said something to the effect that he's hearing more about intercom functionality lately...like someone told him that it was on the list and we'll see it in the next few versions. Not sure what that means but I recall a while back people were saying it wasn't going to happen. I think the fact that they continue to include the mic/speaker on every new product at least says they haven't given up (or on the other hand maybe it says that they are complete idiots and they like adding complexity to the product BOMs for no apparent reason and to keep us guessing on the forums).

• 4 weeks later...
It's a Zigbee keyfob that CardAccess is working on, if it's what I'm thinking you're referring to.

RyanE

Edited to Add: And strangely enough, I'm in a couple of the pictures... I didn't notice them taking pictures.

I've heard the zigbee keyfob would be cool to have on your person, perhaps to disarm the alarm and unlock the door (with new deadbolts), and turn on lighting when you pull into the driveway. Or really to do anything I guess, as I would assume the buttons are programmable to be tied into anything.

Archived