C4 Forums | Control4

Multiple controllers in project

9800pro

Let's say I have 4 ea3 in project without any zigbee device and with no C4 gui. Only control is with T3 screens. Do I need to make one controller primary (how) and the rest I treat as any other device or something else?

Also in composer pro do I put all 4 controllers in one room or do I assign them as they are physically located (4 rooms - 4 controllers)?

Would be nice to hear from experienced crew here

Thx

Ok I'll bite.

how to do you have CPro and not know the answers to all of your questions??

Lol.

You put them in the rooms they are in surely? Perhaps they are all in the rack though!!

OP try working through building the virtual system in the composer handbook.

Ok I'll bite.

how to do you have CPro and not know the answers to all of your questions??

Because some of us dealers in Europe are not blessed with proper and forthcoming distributors and are left to their own to figure it out. If you want help then help, don't give me a hard one about it.

I would put them all in their respective rooms in the project and rename them accordingly. Director can only run on a single controller, otherwise you would actually have 4 separate systems and each would have to be registered independently. That would be a mess.

Once all are connected, you can set each controller to be a zigbee access point or its own zigbee server if you want. If you don't need the zigbee, don't even build the zigbee network.

The reason for putting them all in their proper rooms is that it's easier to find the correct one when making bindings. It's also helpful when an installer is logged in and doing a service call, he or she can physically locate the devices if they know where to look.

6 hours ago, 9800pro said:

Because some of us dealers in Europe are not blessed with proper and forthcoming distributors and are left to their own to figure it out. If you want help then help, don't give me a hard one about it.

Why aren't you posting this in the dealer forum? You will get tons of help there. 

I would put them all in their respective rooms in the project and rename them accordingly. Director can only run on a single controller, otherwise you would actually have 4 separate systems and each would have to be registered independently. That would be a mess.

Once all are connected, you can set each controller to be a zigbee access point or its own zigbee server if you want. If you don't need the zigbee, don't even build the zigbee network.

The reason for putting them all in their proper rooms is that it's easier to find the correct one when making bindings. It's also helpful when an installer is logged in and doing a service call, he or she can physically locate the devices if they know where to look.

Thx for this.

I did put them in separate rooms just as they are physically located. Also first controller was registered and the rest went in with several services automatically turned off, so no issues here. As for Zigbee I don't have any so it's easy on that part.

My question was mainly in regards to getting tips from more experienced people here, not that I don't know jack sh...

As for dealer forum, we are still waiting for access, two years now... Sucks to be us...

So my question would be this... If you're not using the GUI and your not using zigbee what do you need all of the controllers for?  Audio? I/O? there would be cheaper/easier ways to accomplish both of those.  With what you have it sounds like you've set it up correctly.  One controller running director with the others identified into the project turning many services off.

Archived