C4 Forums | Control4

SA 8300 box - question on power toggle

I have a Scientific Atlanta 8300 HD box and a Scientific Atlanta 4250 HD box.  We'll say about every 10 days or so my cable company sends out updates and essentially turns off the boxes.  I go to watch TV, does not work and I have to walk downstairs to my AV Rack to boot up both boxes.  It is a super pain considering everything in my house is automated.  My Watch > Cable settings do not turn the box on/off, I just leave it on.

So I am trying to find what the discreet IR Code is to power toggle these boxes.  I tried "power toggle", I tried "on" and "off".  Nothing seems to work.  Any suggestions?  I have an Amazon Echo and the driver, so I just want to say "cable box on" or "set top box on" and have the IR codes be sent to power toggle the boxes in question (They will always be off in this situation so really just need ability to turn on)

What I've tried thus far is failing, any help would be appreciated!

I have one of the same boxes here in Canada for Telus Optik tv. Apparently we have different ir code sets. But I found that even the remote that came with it you cannot wake it up from an update. You must press the physical button on front panel to "Turn it on".

Have you tried a power cycle on it after an update?

Have you tried you original remote and any buttons like select or enter or power after update?

If either of these has worked at some point I have a few options or thoughts for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

I had the exact same thing happen to me last week after they must have pushed an update.  Nothing like a call from the wife that she can't turn on the TV making fun of the system that is supposed to make it so easy.  The power on in the help from the remote didn't work either.

I had the exact same thing happen to me last week after they must have pushed an update.  Nothing like a call from the wife that she can't turn on the TV making fun of the system that is supposed to make it so easy.  The power on in the help from the remote didn't work either.

there is a setting in the scientific Atlanta in our area that allows power on via a channel number.

with this we can create a discrete power macro

power on will look like this

channel number 

wait

cancel

power off 

channel number

wait

power toggle

the end will result will ensure the cable box is on every time, can even set it to your favorite channel no cancel needed then

and the box will be put into standby after turning on then back off.

• 4 months later...

Just another thought. I do not have a link right now. But there is a light sensor you can you can use. Place it directly over the power light and when the light goes out, the sensor will open its contact you connect to your controller sensor input.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived