C4 Forums | Control4

Is Tabletop supposed to wake up when touching the screen

deeonline

Hi guys,

I wonder if anyone else is experiencing the same issue. I have a new 10" T3 Tabletop with 2.8.2 firmware. Currently, when the tabletop is disconnected from the stand and goes to sleep (black screen) I cannot wake it back up by touching the screen. I have to push the on/off button on the side of the tabletop or place it back on the stand to make the screen alive again. I'm wondering whether this is a normal operation for a tabletop or do I need to call in for replacement.

Please note, when the tabletop is on the stand, I can wake it up by touching without any problem.

Thank you.

Thank you for the prompt answer. I've done more tests and here is the pattern I see. If a tabletop is on the stand that's plugged in to power, it wakes up by touching the screen regardless of the screensaver setting. If it's disconnected from power, it always goes blank despite the screensaver setting and the only way to wake it up is to either put it bak on the powered table stand or press the on/off button. I would think that the functionality would be consistent when it's powered up or not.

Like I said, the tabletop doesn't wake up on touch when disconnected from power regardless of what the sceensaver setting is set to. Even if I set it to "Date and Time" it still goes blank and doesn't wake up on touch. I'll give C4 Technical Support a call to see if this is really "intended by design". Thanks.

Archived