C4 Forums | Control4

Programming with macros

Hello,

I'm having problems creating macros that involve my entertainment system. Example: I create my macro under agents, the I go into programing select the created macro, then I go and see the action  I want to happen when that macro is executed.

MovieWatching:

Turn on Blu-ray

Start play of movie

Turn on receiver

Set surround mode

Turn on light and set dimming level.

When I execute the macro the only action that works is the light.

What I'm I missing?

Should I see the macro listed on my remote?

How do execute the macro outside of the programming section of composer?

Thank you

Err.

You're going about this wrong - this is not Harmony.

Other than the light, all this is handled automatically by C4 once all the devices are fully added and connected, you'd just attach the lighting to the 'event' of you seecting blu-ray in that room.

And no a Macro isn't 'visible' on a remote as such.

All devices are added and working is just when I try the macro with the devices nothing happens. Again I'm sure I'm missing something...may need to get my dealer involved.

Not sure I understand, are you saying I shouldn't add the devices?

I'm unsure of what you're trying to do - if you want a 'quick' way of starting something in a room elsewhere, that can be done, but you shouldn't be turning on 'devices' - you would just select the desired device in the room, then trigger the light

example

Select the BluRay as the video source in theatre

ramp light to 60%

You could put that in a Macro, but as mentioned, a Macro as such is not something you can trigger/view/see directly in the user interface - ytou would still trigger that Macro from a button, keypd, or custom button.

If you're only looking to have the light turn on to a certain level whenever you watch that source, you would directly tie that to the source being selected.

• 1 month later...

hello

am having problem on my channels changing at the click of the channel icon on my touch panel.my satellite decoder is binded to my avr and  connected via hdmi to  my denon avr. my channel list has been created but doesn't change when i select a channel. pls help.

thanks

hello

am having problem on my channels changing at the click of the channel icon on my touch panel.my satellite decoder is binded to my avr and  connected via hdmi to  my denon avr. my channel list has been created but doesn't change when i select a channel. pls help.

thanks

Archived