alanchow

Chowmain - Big Ass Fans/Lights Haiku Driver

Chowmain%20Logo%20Transparent%20Medium.p

Chowmain - Big Ass Fans/Lights Haiku Driver 

The Chowmain Haiku Driver for Control4 allows integration of the Haiku based Big Ass Fans and Big Ass Lights into Control4 allowing full 2 way multispeed fan and multi level lighting control over your home. Integration into Control4 allows control from a single point using Control4's touchscreens, mobile applications, keypads, handheld remote controls and cloud based 4sight remote monitoring and control service. On top of that it exposes control over the Haiku products in the Control4 ecosystem to provide interaction from other devices in the home. From turning off your fans and lights when you arm your security system to automatically turning them on when it detects you are at home and if the temperature is at an uncomfortable level integration provides you with so many different solutions to make your lifestyle that much easier. 

General Features 

• Automatically find Lights and Fans on your network 
  • Automatic polling every 30 seconds for updated feedback 

Fan Features 

• Automatic naming of device upon binding 
  • Assign Preset Speed (On speed when toggled) 
  • Assignable Speeds (Control4 have speeds Off to 4 where Haiku have Off to 7) 
  • Two way feedback – Speed, Device Name, Device MAC Address, Device IP Address 

Light Features 

• Automatic naming of device upon binding 
  • Auto mapped light levels (Control4 has 0-100 where Haiku has 0-16) 
  • Support for Advanced Lighting Scenes 
  • Two way feedback – Level, Device Name, Device MAC Address, Device IP Address 

FAQ 

Can you give us some examples of how we could use this driver? 

• Integration with Control4 allows you to use control the Fans and Lights from any Control4 user interface including touchscreens, mobile devices, onscreen devices, keypads and 4sight. 
  • Program your home to automatically turn off all lights and fans when you arm the security system. Turn on fans if the temperature is high and you have just returned home. 
  • Link lighting and fans to motion sensors to save energy in unoccupied rooms. 

What models will this work for? 
This driver is compatible with the Haiku Range of Fans and Lights. If it works with the Haiku Home app on IOS/Android it will work with this driver. 

How do I find out more information about the driver? 
Please see the links below for more information about the driver. 

Chowmain Website

Download Installation Guide

How do I buy the driver? 
This driver is developed by Chowmain software & apps and is distributed and supported by Houselogix, Inc. 

Download Driver / Purchase Licence

Who do i contact for technical support? 
This driver is developed by Chowmain software & apps and is distributed and supported by Houselogix, Inc. 

Support

Do you provide trial licences? 
All Chowmain drivers for Control4 come with a 48 hour trial. This is activated once you add the driver to the project. No additional steps are necessary. 

Fan.png

Does this driver work with the outdoor version of the BAF Haiku fans that do not have the "SenseMe" technology and do not work with the Haiku App?  I'm getting ready to order 6 outdoor fans, and I'm curious how C4 can control it if the only current BAF solution for the fans is their remote control.

If the driver doesn't work with the standard outdoor version of these fans, is there any other suggestion for a solution?  I know they offer a 0-10V version of the fans, but I wasn't if C4 had a way to control that.

thanks for any help or advice!

Lee

Just FYI, Alan is at ISE in Amsterdam, which ends tomorrow (but I believe he will be doing some travel in Europe afterwards), so he may be a bit slow to answer any questions regarding his drivers, etc.

RyanE

If you can't control the fan with the BAF app, then his driver won't work.  C4's Fan Controller also does not work 0-10v fans either, they use standard 120V for "dumb", pullchain motors.  Not DC motors either, it's all AC motors.

Take a look at Fanimation.  I've purchased several that have the modern/contempory style like BAF, put still have the 3-speed AC motors compatible with the C4 Fan control.

On 2/7/2019 at 4:37 PM, lippavisual said:

If you can't control the fan with the BAF app, then his driver won't work.  C4's Fan Controller also does not work 0-10v fans either, they use standard 120V for "dumb", pullchain motors.  Not DC motors either, it's all AC motors.

Take a look at Fanimation.  I've purchased several that have the modern/contempory style like BAF, put still have the 3-speed AC motors compatible with the C4 Fan control.

Thanks lippavisual!  I know you said that C4's Fan Controller doesn't work with the 0-10v fans, but do you know if a standard C4 dimmer would work in lieu of a fan controller?

Also, I appreciate the tip look into Fanimation.  I'm also looking into them now.  I liked a few of them but they ended up having DC motors so I'm looking into the AC options now.

For C4, about the only thing that would work other than the fan controller, would be a switch (ie: on/off).

Just about most of the Fanimation fans come with 2-3 different skus for motor type per fan.   The ones I’ve purchased had 3.  0-10v dc without wireless remote, 0-10v dc with remote and if available, 3 speed AC.  Something along those lines, don’t exactly remember  

You could always call them to see if they will put an AC motor in the style fan you want.  Wouldn’t hurt to try.