Jump to content
c4forums | The Control4 Community

When is OS2.9?


South Africa C4 user

Recommended Posts


The only 'official' reply will always be:

2.9 will be released when it's done.

:)

RyanE

P.S.  Control4 does not typically pre-announce release dates or feature sets of upcoming releases or roadmaps.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, Gary Leeds UK said:

Will it be worth waiting for ?

Or will all the new updates be for EA Controllers

 

they have not announced EOL for updates from the old controllers yet, there is always a possibility that 2.9 will be it. but don't know yet...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...
On 7/25/2016 at 6:18 AM, msgreenf said:

they have not announced EOL for updates from the old controllers yet, there is always a possibility that 2.9 will be it. but don't know yet...

End of sales on the HC-800 was announced 7/12 with expected out of stock date of 8/12. That is not EOL, but it's end of sales.

End of life on updates will likely be MUCH further down the road, considering HC-200/300/500 are still supported as slave controllers in 2.8.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

End of sales on the HC-800 was announced 7/12 with expected out of stock date of 8/12. That is not EOL, but it's end of sales.

End of life on updates will likely be MUCH further down the road, considering HC-200/300/500 are still supported as slave controllers in 2.8.

That post was before eol was announced

Sent from my STV100-1 using Tapatalk

Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, msgreenf said:

That post was before eol was announced

Sent from my STV100-1 using Tapatalk

No it wasn't. 7/12 was the announcement and the post was 7/25. Look again.

 

Furthermore, end of support is not end of sales, as I differentiated in my first post.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, thegreatheed said:

No it wasn't. 7/12 was the announcement and the post was 7/25. Look again.

 

Furthermore, end of support is not end of sales, as I differentiated in my first post.

you are right got my dates confused...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...
On 2016-08-15 at 11:59 AM, South Africa C4 user said:

if I am wrong then the delay from 2.8 to 2.9 is getting to be really really wrong

I assumed you meant long. Actually since 2.6 we've seen a huge increase in releases in a short time - the timespan between 2.8.2 and 2.9 is nowhere near what was the norm before that...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, Cyknight said:

I assumed you meant long. Actually since 2.6 we've seen a huge increase in releases in a short time - the timespan between 2.8.2 and 2.9 is nowhere near what was the norm before that...

Long indeed... Although given the expectations that have been created since 2.6... It would also be wrong - lol!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

LOL so you now know there may be some updated drivers for a few existing native media service coming in an OS release somewhere in the future ^_^.

Small note - there have been new updated versions out with EVERY release (as they tweak the media proxy further and further) since they were added :huh:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...