C4 Forums | Control4

Mockupancy qn

well if you have mockupancy tied to security system that would be easy to program arm and disarm.

i was surprised not to see events for this driver.

so the next best way would to be to create to macros to record or playback with the led change and on the buttons you want to do each execute the macro instead. this will be easy to add further lines of programming from one location.

16 hours ago, SMHarman said:

Hi

So I want an led on a 2 button keypad to be pink when mockupancy is on playback and black when on record.

Mockupancy can be disabled in a few ways. All different keypad presses. Is there a smart way to program this?

Yes, my vacation button is red when recording and green when in playback mode. I'll post how to do it later today. Pretty busy right now. 

You'll have to change the LEDS under whatever programming triggers the playback/record at this time (I've actualy put in a request based on this thread but...).

Example: Custom button

When custom button is pressed
set mockupancy to start record
set led to red

You'll have to change the LEDS under whatever programming triggers the playback/record at this time (I've actualy put in a request based on this thread but...).

Example: Custom button

When custom button is pressedset mockupancy to start recordset led to red

Yep. Put this as a macro that can be triggered from a few buttons.

Without an alarm to disarm (a must do) disabling mockupancy was sometimes forgotten, initially with calls of what are the lights doing.

So, I set that two commonly pressed light buttons also disable playback of mockupancy. As a quick fix I did not get around to addressing the indicator light.

Also another question on this.

If I start record does that automatically stop play and if I start play does that auto stop record or do I need two commands?

Eg can I.

I) start playback of mockupancy

Or do I need to

1 stop record mockupancy

2 start playback

?

Thanks.

i would suggest creating a macro that disables or enables your mocupany and adding it to all of your lighting. this will save on programming time and also make spouse, kids happier as any button pressed really should have the same effect in this manner. if you have motions you could use them as well for the same function.

i would suggest creating a macro that disables or enables your mocupany and adding it to all of your lighting. this will save on programming time and also make spouse, kids happier as any button pressed really should have the same effect in this manner. if you have motions you could use them as well for the same function.

Exactly. Though I only need to add it to about 3 switches. Beyond that you are a long way into the apartment.

Archived