c4forums | The Control4 Community

"From" Email Address for HC-800 Controller

GSC4Home

I've set up some text messaging alerts.  They work just find, however, when I look at them on my phone the email address they're being sent from looks like "control4_hc800_000fffxxxxxx@alerts.control4.com.  Can the From email address be changed to something user friendly like "Bobs_C4@alerts.control4.com"?

use Alan's SMTP driver and use choose your own mail server

http://www.chowmain.co.nz/smtp/

also good to note does not require 4sight

also available in his notifications suite along with 2 other drivers

http://www.chowmain.co.nz/notification-suite/

you will of course need to purchase the driver through dealer and have your dealer install with pro, once installed you will be able to setup your own notifications through HE.

I do not have a System Manager menu in Tools, or any other menu.  Is it installed as a stand alone program in one of the folders?  I don't see anything that looks like a System Manager tool with a similar name.

You can easily download and install Composer Pro, which will also download and install System Manager. Without proper valid credentials Composer Pro won't work, but System Manager will.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

36 minutes ago, ILoveC4 said:

You can easily download and install Composer Pro, which will also download and install System Manager. Without proper valid credentials Composer Pro won't work, but System Manager will.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Uhmmmmmm !^_^:ph34r:

1 hour ago, South Africa C4 user said:

Ok... Definitely not something I'm going to play with then!

It's primary function is IP settings, and changing the name - the latter means you HAVE to re-identify or things will go haywire. The only other functions is potentially checking and activating/deactivating sub processes, something I suspect most programmers should (and do) keep their hands off ;) - unless specifically directed by someone who knows what they're doing (ie a senior programmer or techsupport)

Archived