C4 Forums | Control4

IFTTT Do Button

ILoveC4

So...I've been living under a rock for the past few years (apparently) and have only recently started using IFTTT. This sucker is amazing! So...I'm looking at this "Do" button, and thinking of how I can integrate it with Control4. Is anyone doing this today? If so, are you somehow using the web events driver? Or are you using an email driver and sending an email to a certain address?

I'd love to hear how this is being used with C4.

5 hours ago, Matt Lowe said:

i believe someone here was working on an IFTTT driver. never heard if anything came of it. What are you trying to program maybe it can be done with in c4.

I have a working driver :)

5 hours ago, Cyknight said:

There IS a driver, but it's to have C4 trigger IFTTT, not the other way around.

Web events driver would be the way to go - have the event trigger a specific web event, and program that web event to do whatever it is you want.

You would have to expose your system to the Internet - something I wouldn't recommend doing. 

msgreenf, please tell us more about your driver. Is it a true two-way driver with both events and actions going both ways between a C4 system and IFTTT?

No. It's one way. Control4 to ifttt. Check out Homeation.com for details. It's not two way because I didn't have a safe way to do ifttt to Control4

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

This means that you can now tell any device connected to IFTTT to do an action and vice versa. You will need to program Control4 and IFTTT to react to the actions performed but can be extemely powerful. 

Some ideas that pop to my head are. 

• Use Amazon Alexa (Echo, Tap, Dot and more) to control Control4. 
  • Tell Control4 to turn specific devices on when you are coming home or leaving home via Android/IOS Location or via one of the supported connected cars (BMW, Tesla, etc) 
  • Have Control perform actions to any IFTTT channel when you security system arms or disarms 
  • Control your GE Appliances (Dishwashers, Dryers, Refrigerators, Washers, etc) 
  • Control your LG Dryers and Washers 
  • Control your Samsung Air Purifier, Air Conditioners, Refrigerators, Vacuums and Washers 
  • Have Bttn, Blink and other DIY electronics integrated 
  • Integrate your wearables. Haven't achieved your daily goal? Get Control4 to notify you using the announcement agent (or Chowmains Advanced Announcements driver) 
  • Use Assistant.AI's virtual assistant to control your home. 
  • Use Android Wear to control Control4! 

and soooo much more. 

Cool so with the Amazon Echo integration you can trigger on a specific phrase (no limit to the number of phrases from what i can see), when a timer goes off and when your alarm goes off.

Also works well with the Assistant.io personal assistant for ios/android/windows phones/tablets.

18 minutes ago, South Africa C4 user said:

Sounds very impressive... Lots of competition in the Alexa driver space soon...

Funny enough it wasn't my intention to integrate alexa (we don't get them here).

same thing goes with geofencing.  Didn't intend to make a driver that does it.

one of the many benefits of integrating IFTTT you pretty much can now do a lot of stuff with the one driver and much more.

eg my house was reading out tweets (via our advanced announcements driver) when people mentioned my Twitter handle..... Until my wife freaked out and told me to remove it.

So I managed to upgrade the technology in the driver so that it will react instantly.  Mitch has been working with me on this driver giving me ideas and testing it for me.  He mentioned that my latest version can respond to his Amazon echo within milliseconds of issuing he voice command!

whats great as well is that there are no limitations to the amount of commands you can program in and is super simple do program if you have composer HE!

anyway I just need to write up the documentation for this driver but expect it to be available for purchase next week.

So I managed to upgrade the technology in the driver so that it will react instantly.  Mitch has been working with me on this driver giving me ideas and testing it for me.  He mentioned that my latest version can respond to his Amazon echo within milliseconds of issuing he voice command!

whats great as well is that there are no limitations to the amount of commands you can program in and is super simple do program if you have composer HE!

anyway I just need to write up the documentation for this driver but expect it to be available for purchase next week.

It's working great. I was thinking of ways to use it and every ifttt channel is instantly open to c4.

Sent from my STV100-1 using Tapatalk

39 minutes ago, msgreenf said:

It's working great. I was thinking of ways to use it and every ifttt channel is instantly open to c4.

Sent from my STV100-1 using Tapatalk

So not only does it perform the same (if not better) functionality as the other Amazon echo drivers and geofencing drivers but I just realised it also performs a lot of the functionality that my notification suite does as well.

that plus all the new stuff like connected car, smart appliances and more.

its been a while since I have been excited about a driver (I develop them day in day out) but this one has so many possibilities.

documenting this is tedious.. i've come up with a few examples of how you can use the IFTTT driver with Control4 but will add more as i go along with the documentation.

EXAMPLES

Outbound (Control4 > IFTTT)

• Control4 can send SMS’s via your Android phone (IF app must be downloaded to the phone)
  • Control4 can save data about the events in your home in google docs or dropbox.
  • Control4 can send emails out without 4sight or 3rd party driver
  • Control4 can send push notifications out without 4sight or 3rd party driver (using pushalot, pushbullet or pushover)
  • Control4 can send Skype messages
  • Control4 can send Google Glass notifications (with Message, Image URL and URL fields).
  • Control4 can send notifications to your Android wear device (requires IF app installed).
  • Control4 can send your BMW (Connected Drive Compatible) a message on your car’s front screen display (120 characters limited)
  • Control4 can send your Tesla (EVE enabled) a message (with subject, message and message type fields) on your car’s dashboard
  • Control4 can turn on or off your GE Smart Appliance and more.
  • Control4 can tell your Android phone to turn on/off Bluetooth or wifi (might be useful when you’re leaving or coming back home).
  • Tell the world via Facebook what your home is upto (might not be a good idea).

Inbound (IFTTT < Control4)

• Amazon Alexa (Amazon Echo, Tap, etc) can send commands to Control4 via voice recognition to do things like turn lights on, play music, house off and more.
  • Assissant.ai can send commands to Control4 via voice recognition
  • Control4 can read out stock prices or notify you when they raise or lower (requires Chowmain Advanced Announcements Driver)
  • iOS Location and Android Location (via the IF app) can tell Control4 when you are approaching or leaving home.
  • Your BMW (Connected Drive Compatible) can tell Control4 when it is entering or exiting an area.
  • Your EVE enabled Tesla car can tell Control4 when it has arrived home, is leaving home or on the way home.
  • Your Automatic, Zubie or Dash enabled car can tell Conrol4 when you have turned the car on or off within a certain area.
  • Your GE, LG and Samsung Smart appliances can tell Control4 when it has been turned on, off, if for example an oven timer is done, if there is a leak in the dishwasher, if the filter needs cleaning, if the dryer cycle has finished, if the fridge door has been left open for too long,
  • Your Nest Protect smoke alarm can send Control4 smoke emergency, warning and carbon monoxide emergencies
  • Your Netatmo Welcome can tell Control4 when a specific person, known person or even an unknown person has been seen or arrives home (facial recognition)
  • Your Roost Smart Battery can tell Control4 (via the announcement agent) when its battery is low (Great for smoke alarms).
  • If the temperature (via weather forecast/conditions) changes in your area tell Control4 to do something.
  • Your Android phone can tell Control4 when it has connected or disconnected to/from a specific Wifi network

• 2 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, dogbeats said:

Sorry if this is a noobie question, but this should allow me to easily integrate a ring doorbell into control 4  (eg: if ring doorbell is pushed them play .wav audio file throughout speakers), right?

Yep someone else did something similar

• 1 month later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.