C4 Forums | Control4

Hi guys,

I have a n HC-250 controlling a few bits in my lounge, and have just been given a used SR-250. I have tried the  Room Off, #, *, 1,3,4,1,3 sequence, but I get no response from the remote. I've then done List, List, 2, 4, 8, 6, #, * to make sure the remote is at least showing a valid zigbee channel - it is - and lastly held the "red 4" and 0 while inserting the batteries to forace a factory reset

Still, four presses on the Red 4 does nothing :-/

Any thoughts?

Cheers,

G

I have added it in composer pro, and this will be the only ZigBee device thus far. I work for a dealer, so yes, I suppose I am haha.

I've tried changing ZigBee channels and resetting the HC250, but still it's as if the two just won't see each other.

I have added it in composer pro, and this will be the only ZigBee device thus far. I work for a dealer, so yes, I suppose I am haha.

I've tried changing ZigBee channels and resetting the HC250, but still it's as if the two just won't see each other.

Is the 250 running zserver? How close is the remote to the 250? Do you have the id window open when trying to id?

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

• 4 weeks later...

Hi guys, sorry for the sllloooow reply, my install has had t take a sideline for a couple of weeks because there's too much on.

The HC250 is indeed running a zigbee server and I'd say no more than ten feet away and line-of-sight, not that it matters much. Yes, I have the ID window open.

One thing I've been told is that the job the SR250 came out of *might* have been embernet. Would it be a case of having to connect to and old system first, then update and to zigbee? I thought embernet and zigbee largely the same thing.

If its on embernet that makes it a little more complicated. Sounds like you did all the normal steps in your first post, so now you have to do the embernet upgrade process to get it on zigbee pro and then you can join it to your project to use. Embernet and Zigbee are the same thing, however in 1.8 Control4 switched to the more secure zigbee pro requiring a firmware upgrade of all devices unless they were manufactured around/after that time circa 2009.

I'm in this same situation.  How difficult is the upgrade process to take the remote from Embernet to Zigbee Pro?  The only controller I have easy access to is a HC250.  I could probably get my hands on an older controller if needed from the dealer I do some side work for.

15 minutes ago, browneye253 said:

I'm in this same situation.  How difficult is the upgrade process to take the remote from Embernet to Zigbee Pro?  The only controller I have easy access to is a HC250.  I could probably get my hands on an older controller if needed from the dealer I do some side work for.

it's not hard but it's a pain ;)  Lol.  The EASIEST way to do it is find an old 200 or 300 and downgrade it to any version below 2.6 and then follow the KB document to an embernet upgade.

3 minutes ago, msgreenf said:

it's not hard but it's a pain

Yep, and there;s limitations - such as that it indeed needs to be a system/controller pre 2.6 - and it HAS to be an HC200/300/500, or possibly an MC or HTC slaved to another controller.

26 minutes ago, browneye253 said:

Great... thanks for the tips.  I'll talk to my dealer and see if they have a controller I could borrow to get the upgrade completed.

i just have a controller running 2.0.6 that I use for updating.  Note: you will also need the older version of COmposer Pro...

• 1 month later...

Hi guys. 

• Don't mean to hijack this thread, but I'm looking at the same issue. I have an install with the following (Recently updated to OS 2.9):

HC800 - Primary controller

HC250 - Secondary controller

Two 7" in-wall 

Two SR-250's

I've come across a second hand SR-250 off Ebay and know nothing about previous install. It was very cheap, compared to buying a SR-260. The remote has the older C4 logo on (if this can say "something" about what to to).

The install is my own. I've tried the same things as Thread owner, exept the pre 2.6 controller stuff. For this I've recently bought a HC300 off Ebay for a dime and a nickle.The HC300 is running OS 2.2.0.

BUT! I'm only a sub dealer and don't have direct access to the EMEA account any more (after recent password change). The oldest Composer Pro I have is 2.6... What can I do? (Have of course reached out to the main dealer in my country, but they haven't answered my two emails...)

Please be kind as I'm quite new to Control4 compared to You other C4 guys. I've only done 3 installations including my own... (Have been fidling around with the products and Composer Pro for around 18 months...) 

PS: Sorry about the bad english. I am Norwegian, and english is NOT my native language!

Archived