C4 Forums | Control4

Recently installed a DS2 and am having several issues. First, trying to wire the existing lighted doorbell has been impossible. Have attemted to utilize the elk 930 transformer and still had no luck. Anyone who has successfully done this I would love to see your configuration.

Second, I have not been able to get the call to pop up on any T3 screens. You cn see the DS2 camera and intercom and can initiate the call from a T3 but it will not initite when someone presses the call button on the DS2.

Again, anyone who has installed this successfully I would love to hear any issues you had or success resolving them.

• 3 months later...

Initial DS2 Doorstation Setup

Explains how to do the initial configuration for the DS2 door station driver.

Quick Actions

1. After connecting and powering up your door station, add the driver to the project. 
  2. Once the driver finishes loading, ID your doorstation with SDDP or press the doorbell button 4 times.
  3. Go to the system design tab and select the DS2 driver.
  4. Go to the actions tab and press "Update Firmware".
  5. Wait for the unit to update and reboot, once it has powered up fully and shows online in the driver go back to the actions tab and press "Auto Config".
  6. Test intercom functionality.

8fb5f22c-a95b-4aea-b8ad-c96dd2d72649

• 2 years later...

I am having constant issues with DS2 doorstations. Anyone else?

The main problem seems to be the video,  sometimes thery're available sometimes not. Are these units problematic?????

The comms seems to be totally irratic, when you refresh navigators, auto config, uprgade firmware it does'nt matter sometimes the units enable calling sometimes not. Go very frustrated clients and nobody giving me any help to see if I can rectify.

Is it the network? thats what I think but, I have so many issues with all of them I cant help thinking there are inherent problems that nobody is coming forward with.

Any ideas thoughts greatly appreciated.

There is a strong possibility it is your network.  If you have a solid network and these are configured properly they are very reliable.  I would absolutely get your dealer involved and they should be working with support to figure out the issue. 

7 hours ago, gcummings said:

I am having constant issues with DS2 doorstations. Anyone else?

The main problem seems to be the video,  sometimes thery're available sometimes not. Are these units problematic?????

The comms seems to be totally irratic, when you refresh navigators, auto config, uprgade firmware it does'nt matter sometimes the units enable calling sometimes not. Go very frustrated clients and nobody giving me any help to see if I can rectify.

Is it the network? thats what I think but, I have so many issues with all of them I cant help thinking there are inherent problems that nobody is coming forward with.

Any ideas thoughts greatly appreciated.

Try setting the doorstation to "use an alternate camera" and then just point it to it's own camera. Apparently this makes it use different streams or somesuch multicast nonsense that I don't fully comprehend. All I do know is it fixed the problems I was having with janky video.

Also you mustn't have monitor mode enabled on any of your touch panel, those (I think just those, maybe all?) won't get video when a call comes in until you press answer.

Check your router settings for IGMP snooping (I think it should be off) or any thing that is anti-multicast.

Once it is working, I’ve found it quite stable for the last year or so (except for a 10 day period a couple of weeks ago when there was some issue with cloud services that affected this). Prior to a year ago, it was shambolic in my experience. 

However, I do find that after a reboot, I struggle to get the DS2 mini playing nicely with all of my touchscreens.  It usually takes me a couple of controller reboots, a DS2 reboot, a couple of refresh navigators and the odd T3 reboot to get everything working.  Once it is all working, it is rock solid thereafter.

One exception is that I have one T3 that NEVER gets video just audio.  Works fine for all 3 of my other T3s... Figuring  this out is on my dealers to do list!

As mentioned above, if you have a Touchscreen on monitorIng mode, that touchscreen will not receive DS2 calls.  Also, naturally, if you have DND on, it also won’t receive calls.

Archived