C4 Forums | Control4

Chowmain - IFTTT Maker Driver adds Amazon Echo, Geofencing, Push Notifications and more to Control4

alanchow

6 minutes ago, South Africa C4 user said:

@alanchow - it appears that every optima one reboots the director, one needs to re-enter ones Pushover detail (username and password). Is there a way to avoid this?

Nice find.  I looked at the code and found the problem.  Have updated the driver to resolve.  I've set it so that everyone using the old version will automatically update when they next check in (within 24 hours).

• 3 months later...
25 minutes ago, digitaltrader said:

I just downloaded this driver as well as the notification suite.  Does anyone want to help me out with figuring out how to make an announcement when my LG washer finishes its cycle?  I don't understand this whole webhook business.  Whats the best approach, using webhooks or pushover?

webhooks are outbound.  you want inbound which is via pushover.

IFTTT->Pushover->Control4

• 2 weeks later...

Firstly awesome driver, so many options. I am using this with a google home. Is it possible to answer a question with a question using google home?

I would like this just to make it a little easier to know the answers so you can prompt an answer rather than remembering to string together a long request. 

ie 

"Turn on radio"

google home response - "What station would you like station a, station b or station c"

"Station A"

26 minutes ago, Jas0r said:

Firstly awesome driver, so many options. I am using this with a google home. Is it possible to answer a question with a question using google home?

I would like this just to make it a little easier to know the answers so you can prompt an answer rather than remembering to string together a long request. 

ie 

"Turn on radio"

google home response - "What station would you like station a, station b or station c"

"Station A"

Thanks for the feedback.  Unfortunately we cannot implement you request due to limitations in IFTTT.

• 1 month later...

I would like to use this driver to track both my phone and my wife’s phone. She is not happy lights come on as I arrive home at night and they don’t for her. She has her own ifttt account. Would I want a second copy of the c4 driver in the project or can I tie 2 ifttt accounts to 1 pushover account

thanks

I would like to use this driver to track both my phone and my wife’s phone. She is not happy lights come on as I arrive home at night and they don’t for her. She has her own ifttt account. Would I want a second copy of the c4 driver in the project or can I tie 2 ifttt accounts to 1 pushover account
thanks
Separate driver instance's

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

• 1 year later...
  • 10 months later...

I have been using this driver for 4 years now and it remains one of my most used and top 5 drivers.

However, something has gone wrong in the last week or two. While the issue is not to do with the driver itself, but rather the communication between Alexa and IFTTT, I am hoping someone on this forum can point me in the right direction.

I had around 28 distinct IFTTT applets which fired events in Control4 via pushover.  Many of them continued to work while others suddenly got confused.  For instance, I would say “Alexa, trigger close Jacuzzi cover” and Alexa would hear this fine (per her feedback on the web) but would send “open Jacuzzi cover to IFTTT”.  Similarly, I would say “Alexa, trigger close right blind” and she would hear this fine but send “close left blind” to IFTTT (see screenshot from Alexa website below illustrating this).

At first I thought someone must have hacked my account and my IFTTT applets had been messed up.  But this was not the case.  I then got so frustrated that I removed Alexa from my IFTTT account.  This deleted all 28 applets also and when I added the Amazon Alexa Service back to IFTTT, I had to reprogram the Applets.  So far I have programmed 16 new Applets and am experiencing the same problem.

Very frustrating and hopefully someone has some suggestions as to where I can look to find the problem?

31AD3208-8002-41E3-9E8F-DF983BFFB785.thumb.jpeg.d30cb9886199dd34c981db87768c0230.jpeg

• 9 months later...

Hi, my pushover seems to have stopped connecting. I am not getting the below error, any ideas?

LUA_ERROR [id: 808][name: IFTTT Maker][file: DriverWorks_IFTTT_Maker.c4z][method: ReceivedFromNetwork]: [string "Lua Code"]:153: attempt to concatenate field 'SECRET' (a nil value)

I have replaced my pushover credential's and made sure they are correct 

Something strange going on here too. I’ve been experiencing issues with pushover in my project the past two weeks as well. I use location services and pushover with Alan’s IFTTT driver for geofencing. I noticed none of my geofence events would trigger about two weeks ago. I re entered my pushover credentials in the driver section and things started to work again. 
Then again this past Friday I noticed they stopped working again. Entered the exact same pushover credentials again and it started working again. 
Prior to this they have been working perfect in my system for the past few years. 

23 hours ago, Jas0r said:

Hi, my pushover seems to have stopped connecting. I am not getting the below error, any ideas?

LUA_ERROR [id: 808][name: IFTTT Maker][file: DriverWorks_IFTTT_Maker.c4z][method: ReceivedFromNetwork]: [string "Lua Code"]:153: attempt to concatenate field 'SECRET' (a nil value)

I have replaced my pushover credential's and made sure they are correct 

We have been getting a few reports of this. The only thing in our code that clears he SECRET is when pushover's servers tell us to.  We'll work on a solution for it now.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.