C4 Forums | Control4

Alarm Interface - IT100

I have a system with a problem using the alarm DSC1832.  I am using the IT-100 connected to I/O Extender port. Alarm system is working ok, however when I try to arm the alarm from the C4 interface (IOS) it does nothing, so it does not arm, it does not receive any command from this interface.

I checked from composer the communication between the alarm and C4 and it is working.  In last serial debug command received I get information online, if a sensor activates it is showed in debug command line, anything happening with the alarm is showed at debug command line. 

I was thinking the IT-100 was broken, but I see it is working and communicating with I/O Extender.

Any clue about this problem?  I appreciate any help or support with this.

I use the same interface.

I had issues too when first installed 6 or 7 years ago.

From memory, my motion sensors were all comunicating and I could program lights based on these, but the interface on the ipad and iphones was not great.

I changed the driver and it resolved all the problems.  - I'm not at home right now so I can't let you know which driver is in use, but I recall the UI changed when I changed the driver too - here is what mine looks like now:

photo 1.PNG

photo 2.PNG

Yeah, there's a number of DSC drivers out there from years of DSC integration, and the wrong one can give you this kind of partial control/feedback.

You'll want to make sure you have the "DSC IT-100 PCxxxx/Powerxxxx Series" driver - and NOT the "DSC Power 832 IT-100" or "DSC Powerxxxx and PCxxxx Series"

Thanks for your support. I checked the driver and I am using the correct one.  I have the same UI interface, but the alarm do nothing when I press a button from the iphone or ipad.  I have deleted the alarm and created it again, but same situation

• 2 weeks later...

No, the driver does not have the option to input the passcode into the partition for arming.  I re-check and there is communication between the IT-100 and Control4, but I have no idea about this situation.  I replaced the IT-100 and the behaivor is the same. 

• 3 years later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.