C4 Forums | Control4

best way to make the 4sight work on a country which is blocked by the ISP.

maxene

Yeah unclear here too - your ISP is blocking your country? Or is your issue that you are or will be somewhere 'locked down' such as North Korea and can't get into your US account (or for that matter use 4sight on your local system)?

If so - nothing specific to do other than whatever works for reaching ANY 'blocked' region. Which will involve proxies - and possibly being accused of spying, thrown in jail and die.

If you're not in North Korea - I'm not sure what ever is blocking you from using 4sight is what you think it is...

A bit more explanation of the issue and the surrounding situation is in order.

I have had the pleasure of few interesting country's and can say it always worked - Maybe not on 3g but on the hotel wifi no problems

From - Maldives to west Indies, The whole of the Middle East (Had a issue in Air Base) and my Favourite Pakistan.

Mine worked in OMAN when we stayed at the shangri-la

2 minutes ago, Gary Leeds UK said:

I have had the pleasure of few interesting country's and can say it always worked - Maybe not on 3g but on the hotel wifi no problems

From - Maldives to west Indies, The whole of the Middle East (Had a issue in Air Base) and my Favourite Pakistan.

1 minute ago, Cyknight said:

While not impossible that an ISP is blocking things, from what you describe your FIREWALL is blocking specific ports and/or types of communication - it's there that you'll have to look for the block more than likely.

we have   a system setup Ea5 and HC800 both with a 4sight subscription. No luck on using my home app outside the local network unless you put the controllers IP on DMZ or forward those mentioned ports. 

btw Skype, all voip apps doesn't work  here we need VPN for Dezeers ,Spotify etc., Blocked by the ISP.

12 minutes ago, thegreatheed said:

Do those other applications work when using the DMZ?

This still doesn't sound like the ISP. It sounds like your ROUTER is doing it. Disable SIP ALG if your router has it.

Those other VOIP apps on phone, works only using VPN apps

Almost all VOIP apps like Imo, Skype, Viber and some VPN apps are banned here.

Were using draytek 2830n with a disabled SIP ALG on default. Firewall Disable as well.

27 minutes ago, Cyknight said:

I'm guessing you may have a ISP router/modem combo in front of the Draytek - you'd need to look at settings there as well.

FYI draytek 2830n can be used for ADSL or a router for FTTC Connected to a GPON . 

so theres no chance to put something ahead of the draytek.  for the GPON it is setup to PPPOE  bypassed or passthrough to a single port straight to the drayteks WAN input. so the Authentication will be still in the draytek.

is there any how someone used VPN server  on their client network and setup their phone, so the my home app will connect as it is locally connected even the phone is connected on its 3G or 4G.

do we still need the 4sight or not?

as long as we have my home license on our account it will work locally.

Any Ideas?

Gotcha. It's just odd that VPN works for some settings.

As for options - you could at using a VPN setup that 'relocates' your IP address - that may work for 4sight.

Yes a VPN for phones etc could be used as an alternative to 4sight as well - search these forums, there's several explanations.

2 minutes ago, Cyknight said:

Gotcha. It's just odd that VPN works for some settings.

As for options - you could at using a VPN setup that 'relocates' your IP address - that may work for 4sight.

Yes a VPN for phones etc could be used as an alternative to 4sight as well - search these forums, there's several explanations.

@ Cyknight this may help 

only the c4 server needs IP to be relocated  but for 4 sight subscription it works anywhere even here in Oman , so MY Home App will still work without any especial settings that may fed up clients..

Thanks Gary Leeds UK  for the info.

1 hour ago, Gary Leeds UK said:

Archived