C4 Forums | Control4

Energy Monitoring - Curb vs TED VS Eguage

cdepaola

Very interested in finally adding some sort of energy monitoring to my home, bills have been insane as of late and I have no clue whats using so much energy.  I'm familiar with Ted and Eguage but recently ran across Curb.  Curious if anyone here has any experience with this piece of equipment.  Seems similar to whats out there already but at somewhat of a discount.  Don't really care if it integrates with C4, though its always a plus just not required. 

33 minutes ago, cdepaola said:

Very interested in finally adding some sort of energy monitoring to my home, bills have been insane as of late and I have no clue whats using so much energy.  I'm familiar with Ted and Eguage but recently ran across Curb.  Curious if anyone here has any experience with this piece of equipment.  Seems similar to whats out there already but at somewhat of a discount.  Don't really care if it integrates with C4, though its always a plus just not required. 

nice find on the Curb, looks very interesting indeed, the limited feedback on amazon seems mostly favorable. I have been looking for a good solution also over the past year or so but the thing that annoys me about all the ones i have found are they are reliant on the manufacturers servers, what if they go out of business, then your energy monitoring is down also.

i bought one of these a while back (their outlet has energy monitoring graphing functions) to try on my equipment rack, just been too lazy to power down entire rack to replace the outlet, don't think my ups has enough juice to keep everything powered for the amount of time it would take me to replace the outlet? :( 

https://www.ubnt.com/mfi/inwall/

Archived