C4 Forums | Control4

Anyone actually used Knox or other matrix video switch

Cinema & Sound

Am I mistaken or is the one Dan is using not a matrix switcher and the 2 outputs are the same signal. I have checked it out and it seems to just be a 4 way selector that can feed 2 identical signals out.

It's definately a Matrix switch... I definately don't recommend this unit over a Keydigital, Knox or one of the other high end brands if the budget allows for it. But for the money ($139.00) this thing works perfectly. We literaly use it every day in our showroom.

You can make it into a 4x4 by using 2 of them and couple the inputs together...

Basically you'd be getting a 4x4 for $280 + 20 Y adapter (with audio). They are releasing a new version with Digital audio that should be really good too...

• 2 months later...

I'm using this switch but I'm getting some static in my audio and a little "noise" in my video. I'm making runs of ~40 feet. Anyone else getting this? I'm sending HDTivo and DVD through a splitter/amplifier, then to the switch.

Oh I forgot, this is my 2nd switch as the first one was amazingly messed up. I couldn't even get a distinguishable picture from one of the outputs. Is there a problem with shielding within the unit??

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Archived