C4 Forums | Control4

Apple Music full integration into control4

• 4 years later...

If it can be done, I'm sure it will be done.

Apple's move is going to put a thorn in Spotify. Price, features, catalog, bundle plans, compatible devices, and Apple can afford to loss lead it if necessary.

16 minutes ago, ECS said:

Since there is an api now if c4 doesn’t integrate can someone write a driver?

maybe Alan?

C4 has asked all driver developers to only develop/publish drivers with proper license/approval from the 3rd party - nothing reverse engineered.  That would mean Alan would need to work directly with Apple.  Not saying that is impossible but its not like the old days of reverse engineering drivers without permission and releasing them into the wild (to eventually break).

Is the API referenced in this thread something new? Apple has had an Apple Music API and MusicKit for a long time now, and Control4 hasn't done anything with it. So unless there was something new announced I don't think that means much. 

I think since Sonos has integration, Control4 could too. So there must be something standing in the way of it. For instance, Apple is charging too much or is refusing Control4's requests. I wish someone who knew could tell us. I thought we'd get Apple music and Siri for sure after the official Apple TV Control4 remote integration. But alas, it has not come to pass.

John

3 hours ago, johnpg said:

Is the API referenced in this thread something new? Apple has had an Apple Music API and MusicKit for a long time now, and Control4 hasn't done anything with it. So unless there was something new announced I don't think that means much. 

I think since Sonos has integration, Control4 could too. So there must be something standing in the way of it. For instance, Apple is charging too much or is refusing Control4's requests. I wish someone who knew could tell us. I thought we'd get Apple music and Siri for sure after the official Apple TV Control4 remote integration. But alas, it has not come to pass.

John

This is not correct. There is no Apple Music API. 

36 minutes ago, eddy.trochez said:

Savant doesn’t have Apple Music integration. 

I swear on the newest CEpro Podcast Savant announced Apple Music integration with their newest software

No, I didn't read it yet, its friday so I'd rather be sitting outside next to the fire drinking a gin and tonic. :)

25 minutes ago, cdepaola said:

I swear on the newest CEpro Podcast Savant announced Apple Music integration with their newest software

No, I didn't read it yet, its friday so I'd rather be sitting outside next to the fire drinking a gin and tonic. :)

Nope. Not even w/ the Apple hosts. Although you can use the Siri integration in ways as a work around but you might as well just use Sonos. I usually have one Port in each install because the music services are always changing stuff. Cheers on the drink. 

On 5/21/2021 at 8:17 PM, Control4Sucks said:

Nope. Not even w/ the Apple hosts. Although you can use the Siri integration in ways as a work around but you might as well just use Sonos. I usually have one Port in each install because the music services are always changing stuff. Cheers on the drink. 

Does adding a Sonos Port to a Control4 audio system (native matrix and amp) allow for streaming Sonos music services like Apple Music to the Control4 zones? And can Sonos favorites be used to start the streams, similar to what you can do with Spotify? If so, that would be an acceptable solution for me. My primary use case is starting one of a few different favorite playlists on shuffle. The next use case would be Airplay, which Shairbridge already provides, albeit only Airplay 1. I assume if the Port works that would provide a way to get an Airplay 2 stream into Control4 too. 

Thanks!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.