C4 Forums | Control4

Programming multi zones on Sonos

eggzlot

I think I know how to set up programming so if a button is pressed a favorite can be selected from sonos in 1 room.  What if I wanted that 1 button to turn the same stream on in 3 rooms?  In my house I have a few Play 1s then a Sonos Connect into a C4 matrix/C4 amp set up that controls some other zones.  

Thanks.

I think I am close

> Select the channel "5-Today's Hits Radio" in dining room
> delay 2 seconds
> Activate scene "House Keeper Music" based on Dining

that station above is a favorite in sonos which I thought is what you need to program against so I made it a favorite.  It seems like the music should start in the dining room then 2 seconds later the house keeper music media scene should come up (its the dining room + 3 other rooms) and all 4 zones should play the music

I got it to work once when I used another favorite channel (didnt have hers listed as a favorite yet) but will not work with hers, or now other sources.

I am hoping I am close - anyone have any input?

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, GT Slider said:

eggzlot:  did you get this answered?

yes - did you need an answer?  If so I can post it here later - was basically triggering one zone using a favorite, doing a 250 millisecond delay then in the other rooms selected the source as the original source

so

living room sonos > channel 5 favorites

250 millisecond delay

kitchen sonos > living room sonos

so in the kitchen i would pick the audio source as living room sonos

something along those lines, but I can take a screen shot later and upload if you need

Hi all,

I need to do something similar.  I have a Sonos Connect connected to a 6-zone Monoprice Amp/Distro system for which I also have a working driver in Control4.  I also have 4 Play 1s throughout the house.  I'd like to be able to either select individual favorites in the various rooms, or have the Play 1s mirror what the Connect is doing.

Any help would be much appreciated, thanks!

Rob

On 11/13/2016 at 10:32 AM, zax123 said:

Hi all,

I need to do something similar.  I have a Sonos Connect connected to a 6-zone Monoprice Amp/Distro system for which I also have a working driver in Control4.  I also have 4 Play 1s throughout the house.  I'd like to be able to either select individual favorites in the various rooms, or have the Play 1s mirror what the Connect is doing.

Any help would be much appreciated, thanks!

Rob

sorry for the delay

So  I have:

Select the channel "5-Today's Hits Radio" In the dining room
Delay 2 seconds
Select the Media Room Sonos as the audio source in the kitchen
Delay 2 seconds
Select the Media Room Sonos as the audio source in the Master
Delay 2 seconds
Select the media room sonos as the audio source in the Bonus room

A few notes:

1) the channel "5-Today's Hits Radio" is a favorite within sonos and it must be a favorite to be selected so make sure whatever channel you are trying to program is a favorite
2) "Media Room Sonos" in my project is a Sonos connect in my AV rack fed into the C4 matrix/C4 amp set up powering the kitchen, dining  room and patio.  so when it says media room sonos as the source in the kitchen, that is because its a connect and that is what the connect is named - hence starting in the dining room but the other lines of command say media room sonos, not dining room sonos as I dont have a speaker/connect in the dining room directly per se.  I hope that made sense

This does work in a mixed environment because the Master and Bonus room are a mix of Play 1 and Play 3 speakers

hope this helps

Archived