C4 Forums | Control4

DSC NEO Integration

ejn1

Just now, andypaul said:

Yes I can... ping it and all

The driver is just stuck on - Establishing Communication (this may take a few minutes) ...

I wonder if the new TL-280e needs an updated driver?

I dont think so... You have the same firmware that I do.   Is the Alternate Communicator selected as "Y" on the DSC Panel setup?

1 minute ago, andypaul said:

Yup.... I think that was subsection 382

If you screenshot your C4 driver page, I can compare with mine if you want and see if anything looks strange.   Otherwise, i would completely reset the TL280 and start over to ensure you have not fat fingered one of the inputs.... 

2 minutes ago, andypaul said:

Besides this I used the DSC manual with the TL-280e to configure all the subsections.

The yellow light is flashing as it should, have an IP address and can see the communicator on the network.

I started to check your instructions and already see a difference with my instructions.  I used the old pre 5.0 C4 instructions and just converted the subsection numbers.   On my Section 426, "Bit 3 needs to be on for TCP communications.  The screen should read "--3-----".   Press "#" to go back to subsection menu.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
13 hours ago, andypaul said:

Not hat I know of but there was a recent driver update and I wonder if this helps see the additional zones?

It appears not easy to update the firmware for the card.   I guess you have to be a dealer with their DSC software and plug into the card onsite?

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Dave w said:

Yes you have to be a dealer to get DLS, I was responding to your comment that they had to plug into the board on sight.  It can also be done remotely.  

good to know about the remote patch in but I installed my system myself so probably a hassle to find a dealer to do it.   Not sure I will do it until it's verified that it fixes the additional zone issue.   Aside from that my C4 integration has been pretty solid.

Update: I'm currently running:

DSC PowerSeries NEO TL2803GUSA Internet and HSPA Dual-path Alarm Communicator with firmware V05.02.04.03  (Hardware version is UA685 Rev01)

DSC PowerSeries NEO HS2064NKCP01 Board with firmware V01.20.01.37  (hardware version is UA621 Rev03)

with 39 wireless zones and no hardwired zones and I see status of all zones in Director......using current driver and IP communications.

IMG_7378.PNG

Yes...all 40 zones I am running properly report status. I've just learned that there is even newer firmware than what I now have, and am working on updates.  The most current firmware of the panel is actually 1.3 and the most current firmware for the TL2803G is 5.03.

What I learned from my dsc dealer is that they can do it remotely over GSM or IP/TCP via DLS but dsc charges a lot for data transfers over the 10Kb quota.  It's a pretty big hit. So the dealer only wanted to update via landline or physically.  I don't have a landline, so I pulled the boards and they are updating on the bench. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.