C4 Forums | Control4

DSC NEO Integration

ejn1

Ok I finally got it going, been playing with it for most of Saturday getting nowhere. I initially programmed it with the control panel but using the PDF instructions that had the wrong 426 setting and then after that due to ease I have been using DLS for the programming of the alarm and not from the control panel. I had reset the TL280 from within DLS a few times with no luck. Decided to wipe the TL280 using the jumper as per the manual and start again using only the control panel and guess what, first pop it went. 

Frustrating but happy it goes. Thanks @andypaul for your help much appreciated. I have both C4 and the Neo Go app working. 

Now to set up trigger notifications.

PS does anyone know how to grab the camera feeds from the PIR if they are built in. I have a few of these and that would be fantastic if they got linked in also

Wireless PowerG PIR Motion Detector with Integrated Camera

• 2 weeks later...

so I'm having a heck of a time getting the DLS software to even recognize my panel.  I can however connect to the tl280.

panel is ver 1.3 and tl280 5.0.

Maybe i should start with the basics.

are you guys doing everything over Ethernet on your lan or are you plugging in with that pc link cable?  I assumed I could do this all over ethernet/IP.

I started with using the dls software doing everything over ip. In the end I reset the tl280 to factory defaults using the jumper method as per the manual then did all my config for C4 from the keypad. 

You can still use dls for programming the alarm just stay away from the communicator settings. 

I worked it out last night.  I had missed the alternate communicator setting and then I had to delete my account in DLS and create a new one. 
interesting though, it wouldn't auto detect my panel.  if I specified the panel and told it to connect via IP, it connected right up.

I did all the pre setup configs via the keypad as you said.

now to the integration...

i'll post back if I have issues.

Any changes that you or a tech made that may have triggered an issue?

The Alarm will report a problem if it is not communicating with the network if it is not retorting a problem then the TL280 receiver may have been disabled.

The TL280 has Communicator Status LED's that indicate error situations have a look at these and correlate them to the TL280 manual. 

I have had the following issues previously:

- Electrician wired a data cable 1 is to 1 as in not to T568A or T568B spec the TL280 didn't like this

- Alarm tech wired the ribbon cable to the TL280 from the main alarm board inverted

- The TL280 receiver board was disabled in the Alarm setup

- Change of any of the Installation Info in the TL280 Control 4 Driver

- Change in the IP Subnet while the TL280 has a Static IP Address

Hope this helps.

23 minutes ago, andypaul said:

Any changes that you or a tech made that may have triggered an issue?

The Alarm will report a problem if it is not communicating with the network if it is not retorting a problem then the TL280 receiver may have been disabled.

The TL280 has Communicator Status LED's that indicate error situations have a look at these and correlate them to the TL280 manual. 

I have had the following issues previously:

- Electrician wired a data cable 1 is to 1 as in not to T568A or T568B spec the TL280 didn't like this

- Alarm tech wired the ribbon cable to the TL280 from the main alarm board inverted

- The TL280 receiver board was disabled in the Alarm setup

- Change of any of the Installation Info in the TL280 Control 4 Driver

- Change in the IP Subnet while the TL280 has a Static IP Address

Hope this helps.

Thanks! I haven't had anyone working on it, but I will check the IP.

• 3 months later...
On 5/4/2018 at 11:39 PM, andypaul said:

Power cycle after making 426 - 3 only. If you read this thread I had the same problem after following the PDF you used.

I have had Control4 talking to my TL280 (5.03) and HS2032 for some time now since my C4 2.10.2 system has been fully functional for the last 6 mos or so.  I am able to arm and disarm the alarm in C4 within my LAN and outside the home as well.  I have read all of the forum entries here and other places and as I take another run at this I just need a level set.

The PDF document referred to in this thread as well as others shows things that I do not see in Control4 on any of my navigators.  My various security windows look similar to what I see in the PDF but....SHOULD I BE ABLE TO SEE:

1.  Status, Zones and History tabs at top?  I do see status and zones off to the left on the iPhone navigator (see attached screen print).  I have NEVER seen the history tab exposed.  Zones and status  work fine and show all the zones in my system albeit with some mislabeled doors vs windows etc (I understood this was fixed with the old Domosapiens IT-100 serial driver).

2.  Should I see "Security Panel" or "Partition 1" in the navigator.  For the attached screen print this dialog was opened under the heading security panel.  Occasionally I see Partition 1 as the entry point but all other points here remain the same.  

3.  MOST importantly I have never been able to use the functions menu from within C4 for such things as bypassing zones while away from the house, temporary codes and the other things I would hope that would be here should the functions icon ever show as enabled.

All items in the driver seem to look as everyone has explained here but I just wanted to confirm as it is not  100% clear in these forums or in the PDF if the extended functionality I am after should be enabled with the latest driver, C4 version and other linkages here (protocol version is 02.17) and I am using AES-encryption 128 and of course all my keys are working (show true) and IP is communicating. It stops if I reset the TL-280 but always comes back in a few minutes.  I just never see history or a functions menu enabled.

Should I?

Thanks in advance.

image1.png

• 5 months later...
On 4/25/2017 at 9:59 PM, Ivan James said:

Has anyone had any success arming stay through C4? I have it programmed as stay, but it arms as away every time. 

Dear ejn1, Dave w and other C4 Gurus,

I'm new to C4 but have some experience with DSC neo and home automation.

I would very much appreciate your view on a practical feature for C4 with DSC-power-series-neo:
I understand that DSC neo can be integrated with an Control4 controller running Control4 OS version 2.6.0 and above, using this driver:
https://drivers.control4.com/solr/drivers/browse?&fq=manufacturer%3A"DSC"
From what I read the C4 can then arm DSC neo in Stay mode.

My main question is whether a C4 controller can be programmed to automatically arm the DSC in Stay mode at a given time of each day.
Should this be the case, I wonder how the C4 controller can be programmed to this end, i.e. via the app, web interface or with a PC software.
Do you also happen to know which C4 controllers (current and older models) can integrate the DSC neo?

Any insights are very welcome!

Many thanks,

cc

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.