C4 Forums | Control4

DSC NEO Integration

ejn1

14 hours ago, South Africa C4 user said:

Yes, it can be programmed to arm the DSC alarm system at a given time. Programming is done in Composer (HE or Pro) once the driver is installed and set up. Installation and setup is done in Composer Pro (dealer software).

Many Thanks, this is reassuring. Do you know whether this would work on an older controller like:C4-hc250-bl Home Automation System Controller. And do I really need a dealer or is composer pro available to end users as well so that I could install it myself? 

2 minutes ago, nimsoc said:

Many Thanks, this is reassuring. Do you know whether this would work on an older controller like:C4-hc250-bl Home Automation System Controller. And do I really need a dealer or is composer pro available to end users as well so that I could install it myself? 

Unfortunately you cannot set up the controller yourself but you can program what you desire after initial setup using the end user version of the software Composer Home Edition.  The pro software is only available for dealers.

If you plan on sourcing an older used controller, try to find an HC250-BL-1 or HC-800-BL-1.  The model you mentioned (BL) does not have a "site licence" so you will not have access to a C4 mobile app, or PC/MAC app without it.  Look for the BL-1.

I offer remote mote programming/integration services if you decide that you need assistance with the next step.

4 hours ago, dcovach said:

Unfortunately you cannot set up the controller yourself but you can program what you desire after initial setup using the end user version of the software Composer Home Edition.  The pro software is only available for dealers.

If you plan on sourcing an older used controller, try to find an HC250-BL-1 or HC-800-BL-1.  The model you mentioned (BL) does not have a "site licence" so you will not have access to a C4 mobile app, or PC/MAC app without it.  Look for the BL-1.

I offer remote mote programming/integration services if you decide that you need assistance with the next step.

☝️ This! And from what I hear, Dan will do a good job helping you. Good luck @nimsoc

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/22/2019 at 7:51 PM, South Africa C4 user said:

☝️ This! And from what I hear, Dan will do a good job helping you. Good luck @nimsoc

Many thanks guys! I hope this will solve my annoying power series neo issue.

Dear Dan, I wrote you a pm. Would you mind letting me know briefly what the next step would be?

Cheers,

cc

• 3 weeks later...

Hi All,  My setup sends a warning chirp to the alarm keypads whenever my internet goes down.   I seem to recall a setting in either the TL280 or overall Neo Panel setup where you can disable this but can't locate it easily.   Appreciate if anyone knows the alarm panel subsection to disable this if they can share.   I only have the TL280 for C4 integration and have a cellular alarm connection so its not critical for me to hear the chirping (versus someone that has alarm solely connected via internet monitoring).  Every time i upgrade my switch or internet goes down it can wake up folks if sleeping etc so want to disable it.

Thanks!

• 1 year later...
On 8/23/2018 at 6:44 PM, TxHillCountryC4 said:

I have had Control4 talking to my TL280 (5.03) and HS2032 for some time now since my C4 2.10.2 system has been fully functional for the last 6 mos or so.  I am able to arm and disarm the alarm in C4 within my LAN and outside the home as well.  I have read all of the forum entries here and other places and as I take another run at this I just need a level set.

The PDF document referred to in this thread as well as others shows things that I do not see in Control4 on any of my navigators.  My various security windows look similar to what I see in the PDF but....SHOULD I BE ABLE TO SEE:

1.  Status, Zones and History tabs at top?  I do see status and zones off to the left on the iPhone navigator (see attached screen print).  I have NEVER seen the history tab exposed.  Zones and status  work fine and show all the zones in my system albeit with some mislabeled doors vs windows etc (I understood this was fixed with the old Domosapiens IT-100 serial driver).

2.  Should I see "Security Panel" or "Partition 1" in the navigator.  For the attached screen print this dialog was opened under the heading security panel.  Occasionally I see Partition 1 as the entry point but all other points here remain the same.  

3.  MOST importantly I have never been able to use the functions menu from within C4 for such things as bypassing zones while away from the house, temporary codes and the other things I would hope that would be here should the functions icon ever show as enabled.

All items in the driver seem to look as everyone has explained here but I just wanted to confirm as it is not  100% clear in these forums or in the PDF if the extended functionality I am after should be enabled with the latest driver, C4 version and other linkages here (protocol version is 02.17) and I am using AES-encryption 128 and of course all my keys are working (show true) and IP is communicating. It stops if I reset the TL-280 but always comes back in a few minutes.  I just never see history or a functions menu enabled.

Should I?

Thanks in advance.

image1.png

Did the bypassing feature ever get resolved using the TL-280? I have the same issue.

On 3/24/2019 at 9:13 AM, ejn1 said:

Hi All,  My setup sends a warning chirp to the alarm keypads whenever my internet goes down.   I seem to recall a setting in either the TL280 or overall Neo Panel setup where you can disable this but can't locate it easily.   Appreciate if anyone knows the alarm panel subsection to disable this if they can share.   I only have the TL280 for C4 integration and have a cellular alarm connection so its not critical for me to hear the chirping (versus someone that has alarm solely connected via internet monitoring).  Every time i upgrade my switch or internet goes down it can wake up folks if sleeping etc so want to disable it.

Thanks!

I finally figured this out by turning off the section in the TL280 that sends trouble alerts when internet goes down.  Was a real PIA that every time i was doing network work or internet down the alarm chirped like a smoke detector and didnt stop until the internet was live again.

• 8 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Hello, have a DSC system with an EA-5 controller and just added the TL280 to the system. Configured according to all known recommended settings in the driver docs and the DSC manual, and still getting a never ending Establishing Connection on the C4 side. I don’t have any errors on the TL280, and I can see it on my network. Am I missing anything? Thanks in advance. 

2 hours ago, jamesc4 said:

Which TL280 ?

The version that is also LTE ?

it’s a pain to set up

but does work 

Can you find the IP on your network of the TL280 ?

Yes the TL280 IP is on my network. The version is TL280LER. It is LTE/Ethernet. Just not sure what I’m doing wrong. Thanks for your reply

1 minute ago, ezadok said:

Yes the TL280 IP is on my network. The version is TL280LER. It is LTE/Ethernet. Just not sure what I’m doing wrong. Thanks for your reply

6 minutes ago, ezadok said:

Here’s where I am. I programmed all the 851 settings at the keypad after TL280 install, I don’t have the DLS software. All pretty straightforward, only weird thing is my Peer Key is all zeros, non-editable. After adding the settings I power cycled, and then put the data in the C4 driver, and got the establishing connection. The TL280 or the keypads show no errors at all, and it seems to be online. The connection status LED is blinking. I saw a couple of other DSC settings that had to be On in order for it to work, so I made sure they were on, which they were. Power cycled again, and still same thing. 

12 minutes ago, ezadok said:

Here’s where I am. I programmed all the 851 settings at the keypad after TL280 install, I don’t have the DLS software. All pretty straightforward, only weird thing is my Peer Key is all zeros, non-editable. After adding the settings I power cycled, and then put the data in the C4 driver, and got the establishing connection. The TL280 or the keypads show no errors at all, and it seems to be online. The connection status LED is blinking. I saw a couple of other DSC settings that had to be On in order for it to work, so I made sure they were on, which they were. Power cycled again, and still same thing. 

The peer key should have data

the own key can be like 12345678

there is as setting , make sure set to IP

I don’t have the address handy now

2 minutes ago, jamesc4 said:

the own key can be like 12345678

there is as setting , make sure set to IP

I don’t have the address handy now

Own Key is like you said: 12345678

Peer Key is currently: 000000 and it’s not letting me change it manually, just goes back to zeroes.

i set the EA-5 Controller IP on the 428 subsection, not sure if that’s what you mean. 

12 minutes ago, jamesc4 said:

Did you call DSC support

and it’s not Editable 

there is a setting on the DSC to make the TL280 communicate over IP and not serial 

Going to call DSC in the morning regarding the peer key.

The 425 subsection allows you to choose between Ethernet and serial. So I put in Bits 3 and 5 like it said to do. Is this what your referring to?

Thank you for your help, I appreciate it! 

5 hours ago, jamesc4 said:

So if you have the LTE Version 

Then this is with Connect 24?

you need to have your central station configure the ETHERNET for Control4 

you need to give the central station the IP of C4 Director

I have MyAlarmCompany, don’t have Connect 24. So call the central station and give them the C4 IP, got it. Thank you

32 minutes ago, jamesc4 said:

Central station has an account with Connect24 

tell them they have to go to the interactive tab

see the specs

• Remote activating and programming through C24 Communications

@jamesc4 can you attach the C24 spec you are referring to. I have been try to resolve my DSC integration for over a year now. I knew it was something related to my monitoring but your advice is the best I have seen. If you have the spec that would be great. If not, I will run with this and contact my monitoring company.

1 hour ago, jamesc4 said:

Central station has an account with Connect24 

tell them they have to go to the interactive tab

see the specs

• Remote activating and programming through C24 Communications

Called the tech support through My Alarm Company. They have no clue at all about the product. They’re trying to find someone who knows what I’m talking about lol. 

51 minutes ago, jamesc4 said:

If you call DSC ask for Cell communications 

they can config it

give them the sIm numbers 

Ok spoke with DSC, and they said they can configure it but they need the alarm center to activate the SIM card and provide me the number. Called back to the alarm center, waiting for an answer on why they didn’t do that. He also said the Peer Key is zeroes because the Sim isn’t activated.

Thanks Again for your help on this! 

I just spoke to DSC Connect24 support regarding integrating my DSC Neo into both Control4 and Connect24. Note the I have the TL280LE Communicator. When your central monitoring station is programming your communicator using Connect24, under the INTERACTIVE tab, they need to:

- set Integration over Ethernet

- Enter the C4 controller IP address

- set Notification port to 3072

- set Polling port to 3073

- set Real Time Notifications to ON

The above settings must be set by your Central Monitoring Station using Connect24. All the other parameters and keys necessary to complete the integration can be read at the keypad for integrating your C4 system into your DSC Neo panel.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.