C4 Forums | Control4

Woud anyone mind taking a look at my proposed Control4 solution?

dmh2399

New to the forum, but it seems to be a mix of a lot of folks with equally as much experience. I've recently discovered C4 and am considering implementing it into a house I bought a few months back. It's new construction, but with a combination of the CAT5 network that has been installed by the builder and the wireless capabilities of the solution, I'm thinking of building a system like the one in the attached diagram. Naturally, I'll hire an implementor, but because I'm a bit of a tech nerd, I wanted to try and understand C4 as much as I can before doing so. Comments - the good, bad and ugly - are much appreciated.

Thanks,

Doug

I'd be happy to take a look. Not sure what program you did the diagram in, but any chance you could post it in a followup message as a JPG? (I've not downloaded the PDF so not sure if the content might just as easily lend itself to that format).

--Jason

You should have at least 2 outputs coming out of the c4 tuner into the matrix switch or amp.

You can have the tuner outputs go into the hc500 and have the analog audio digitized and then distributed out - but wifi speakerpoints may not be able to handle the digital stream. any chance of running speaker wire to the zones where you have speakerpoints?

The outputs of the Audio Matrix switch should be connected to the C4 Amp. Two outs from the tuner to the Audio Matrix switch and three outputs from the HC-500.

You have an output from the video switch to the gym but no audio out from the audio switch. If you attempt to stream the video's audio your audio/video will be out of synch. The better solution would be to hard wire audio and video to each room

Cable box 3 has no outputs hooked up.

This design looks like all equipment will be in a central closet. Depending on the size of you house you will need to install additional ZigBee devices (lighting control or CardAccess contact switches) to built a strong ZigBee mesh network.

I would add a UPS for the HC-500, USB hard drives and the wireless router.

Archived