C4 Forums | Control4

Corporate Showrooms

Elvis

Hands on with C4 would sure be nice. Seeing a touchpad on the Internet and using one are not the same. Seeing options for media integration and how it really works would be nice. Seeing how C4 controls popular services in action would be nice. Most dealers can't afford a showroom and those that can can't spare the brainpower to man it. Corporate stores in the population centers would sure be nice. 

33 minutes ago, Elvis said:

Magnolia is brainless--doesn't count.

Now you're just asking for your own personal preference. I've not seen a Magnolia inside in years - but it's what you ask for in base principal.

As for dealers in Houston - again, you're asking for your own personal preferences. But I would hope there is at least one Gold or Platinum dealer in Houston, and you HAVE to have a showroom to get that.

You guys are dealers. I stand by my wish. When was the last time you shopped Control4 as a consumer?

None of the "Pinnacle" dealers were available while I am in town. In fact, I only had success with getting in to see Magnolia. StroTek is the only guy that answers the phone. The rest take a message and promise to "get back to you" and never do. You can judge for yourself, but when they can't answer basic C4 questions and they are a "Pinnacle" dealer -- I categorize that as brainless. Personal preference? Yeah, I'm very demanding. Both reps went 0 for about 10. Questions on music integration, 4 zone matrix, EA-3, the new 7" and 10" touchpads. Hell, they didn't even know what Shairbridge was.

I've had the same experience in San Antonio.

So yeah, I want a corporate showroom. Even if it is a roadshow. 

1 hour ago, Elvis said:

You guys are dealers. I stand by my wish. When was the last time you shopped Control4 as a consumer?

None of the "Pinnacle" dealers were available while I am in town. In fact, I only had success with getting in to see Magnolia. StroTek is the only guy that answers the phone. The rest take a message and promise to "get back to you" and never do. You can judge for yourself, but when they can't answer basic C4 questions and they are a "Pinnacle" dealer -- I categorize that as brainless. Personal preference? Yeah, I'm very demanding. Both reps went 0 for about 10. Questions on music integration, 4 zone matrix, EA-3, the new 7" and 10" touchpads. Hell, they didn't even know what Shairbridge was.

https://www.ces.tech/  ;)

Look, I can't speak for dealers in any specific area, but as I already pointed out, as did Msgreenf - dealers, at least to be more than an 'authorized dealer status', HAVE to have a showroom.

Appointment or not, there SHOULD be (and I'm pretty convinced are) showrooms near you in Houston.

On 14/11/2016 at 11:03 PM, Elvis said:

Why not pitch some of your questions here, Hopefully we can help you with some of the info you want. Giving you the ability to go to a dealer armed with a wants list and not spend out on things you Dont want or need.

20 minutes ago, David Paxton said:

Why not pitch some of your questions here, Hopefully we can help you with some of the info you want. Giving you the ability to go to a dealer armed with a wants list and not spend out on things you Dont want or need.

I do frequently, but the forum is no replacement for hands on.

That being said, some of my faith has been restored. Visited a great dealer today in Houston in his live showroom with numerous products. Very laid back and enjoyable experience.  Super educational. "You don't know what you don't know." Case in point, the new Rhapsody/Napster. I had no idea. One look at my C4 app on my iPad and he just shook his head. Also got a call from Control4 rep to set me up with a local dealer.

That being said, I standby my wish for corporate stores that represent local dealers. I think it would be beneficial to everyone. 

Archived