C4 Forums | Control4

General Vacation Mode Question - how do i know it's recording?

GZS3

Question

Just had vacation mode enabled by my installer.  Plan to start, stop, and replay from the control4 app on my phone and pc, not the remote.

Vacation mode UI shows up in app, but when i hit "Start Record" nothing happens.  Not sure if it's actually recording with no UI feedback or if there is something wrong and it's not activating when i select that option.

What do others see when they go through this??

Thanks in advance.

I have just added Mockcupancy to project with 1 "experience button " I am off site need to know where this button shows up. Have one screen tied to project and the usual iPhone and iPad apps.

Thanks

13 minutes ago, prabeau said:

I have just added Mockcupancy to project with 1 "experience button " I am off site need to know where this button shows up. Have one screen tied to project and the usual iPhone and iPad apps.

Thanks

you have to set it to display in the navigator comfort settings

Ok need a little help here.

So now I have an Experience Button and a Mockupency button.

Without any programming when I toggle the EB it shows on and off and works as an on off switch.

When the EB goes to ON the Mockcupency starts recording but toggling EB to off does nothing.????

Thanks

Now I'm a tad confused. If the Mock driver is installed then what is the purpose of the EB.

Without using the Mock button or even have it in Navigator I have the same issue. The EB turns recordings on but will not toggle driver (Mock) to idle.

Thanks

1 hour ago, msgreenf said:

You only need one. Not both.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

In that case I am confused.

1) What is the use of the EB 

2) if I action the EB the recording starts but toggling will not stop the recording

Any documentation on either or both of these drivers

Thanks again

There is a NEW(er) mockupancy driver that is in the form of an EB driver. That particular driver now gives a direct way of allowing both feedback and control to the end-user WITHOUT having to add custom buttons or separate EB to give feedback. No special 'setup' or programming is required.

Guess I have the latest version then of Mockupancy driver ver 15. If that is the case I would understand why I can't see the functionality of the EB in this case.

As far as documentation is concerned this is really ticking me off. I can't get any documentation whatsoever when I select documentation tab I get 

"Unable to load or locate: www/documentation.rtf" when I select highlighted option I get "unable to open file/lin/www/documentation.rtf"

I like trial and error as much as the next guy but when all else fails read the instructions, if I only knew where that was ?

8 hours ago, Tokead said:

Can you give me some idea what you use them for. For me, I can see having home or vacation status, school or non-school day, party mode but that's it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think I must be using around 50 of them at this stage. Some examples include:

- turning motion sensing on various lights on and off

- irrigation

- choosing the colour for the backlights on my keypads (I use a different experience button for downstairs and upstairs and for nighttime and daytime

- turning my geyser on and off

- turning winter mode on and off (this in turn turns on heatpumps, underfloor heating etc.)

- Monitoring power from Mains / generator / three electrical phases (I prefer the feedback on a bigger button to the old sensors).

- changing alarm status between holiday, no automation, normal (on at x pm and off a y am) -!d early (on at x pm and off at y - 2 am)

- turning on and off our electric fence

- turning on and off security beams

- starting a good night timer

- switching whether someone calling the house from the main complex gate will always ring, never ring or ring from 7am - 9pm and only give a silent alert the rest of the time.

- various 24 hour overrides (I am waiting for someone to develop a more generic timer button with days or that you can program the delay yourself then I will use other lengths of override).

- turning on and off various other scheduled events.

6 minutes ago, Tokead said:

So if he adds a bunch can I customize them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes and no. You can set them up and use them... but you can't do everything... for instance, you cannot change their names and the name is what is displayed in the navigator with the button (this requires the dealer).  I had loads added, played a lot and then makes only some visible and got my dealer to change names on these afterwards once I knew what I was doing with them.

OK, I must be missing something. I'm on 2.9, and I have mockupancy listed in my project. I don't see anything about adding the mockupancy as a UI or experience buttons. 

Where do I find the experience buttons in HE, and how do I use them in place of custom buttons?

Then uninstall that and install the new mockupancy version. It's not an update. It's a whole new version

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

14 minutes ago, Tokead said:

OK, I must be missing something. I'm on 2.9, and I have mockupancy listed in my project. I don't see anything about adding the mockupancy as a UI or experience buttons. 

Where do I find the experience buttons in HE, and how do I use them in place of custom buttons?

Unfortunately, you need a dealer to add experience Buttons... They are all really cool, so I would get your dealer to add lots of dummy buttons that you can then play around with. I have not tried the moccupancy one yet, but the irrigation one and the security light one are both great. So are all the more basic ones. They do revolutionise what you can do in terms of control with meaningful feedback!

C4 is rolling out certain drivers updated to make use of the Experience Buttons option, Mockupancy being one of them. Most if not all of these are being rolled out after the 2.9 release, so by default wouldn't be in the manual.

Like manu Experience Buttons, it is a driver that can be made visible in multiple location, most logical in this case being security I think, and is a push button with visual feedback on play/record/idle.

Archived