C4 Forums | Control4

LG TV IP Driver - Released

annex⁴

6 hours ago, Gary Leeds UK said:

We have a LG tv and the C4 driver is no longer working after a recent update 

waiting for dealer to sort 

we have used Wemo plug to get round the issue at the moment 

Which model are you having an issue with and what's the issue?  I have the UK6570AUB and no issues with the C4 driver.  

I may be totally wrong but the driver seems to be overriding the video audio endpoint set in composer. I have a Sonos playbar connected via the TVs optical out, installed with the endorsed driver. No matter what I set as the video audio endpoint, the volume controls operate the TV. Even if I set no audio or video-audio endpoint at all, I still get volume control of the TV. Isn't that a bit odd?

And then there's this part. Every time I set the TV into optical/ARC mode, I can still see that the TV is the device receiving the volume commands (on screen + / -), but I also see the Sonos taking commands (white LED, looking at app) and changing volume. But this only works for a little while and then stops. The playbar just stops changing volume, until I change the TV out of optical/ARC and back to it again. I really don't know what's happening there.

I should add the audio is working through the playbar fine at all times. If I change the volume in the app, it works fine. Even more weirdly, I can then use the SR260 to change the volume. For a few seconds, then it stops again and I just get the on-screen volume display on the LG TV.

Going a bit mad trying to figure this out, any advice is appreciated.

Bit more info: if I just play audio, the volume control from the SR260 works fine. If I then turn on the TV (i.e. WATCH > SKY or whatever), I maintain control of the volume. If I room off, and then WATCH > SKY, the TV 'intercepts' the volume commands again. So weird.

Edit again: wowee I've just worked out that the IP driver is telling the TV to change the volume, and the TV is telling the remote control (bluetooth) to send the IR command which is what is changing the volume on the Playbar. That's why the white LED flashes. Whyyyyyyyyy?!
I can confirm this because when I sit my fat arse on top of the remote it stops happening. It also stops when the Bluetooth-y functions go to sleep, and resumes when the remote wakes up and that silly pointer comes back on-screen.
That is some weird behaviour right there. I'd rather not sellotape the LG remote to the playbar.

27 minutes ago, timbooo said:

words words words

*sigh*

Fixed by deleting the TV in Composer and putting it back in again. And that's why we all love Control4.

Sorry annex4 for even suggesting it was your fault.

The TV-to-remote-control command passthrough thing is super freaky though!

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

Question for those of you in the know... I have the annex4 LG driver in my project, and I understand that there should be mini-drivers that allow me to for example select "youtube" from my navigator.  But I don't have any of them anymore (I believe they were once there).  Driver version is 4.15.375 and it's a LG 55EG9600.  Any ideas how I can get these back?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.