C4 Forums | Control4

SR260 remote acting up

One of my two SR260 seems to go offline when not used for one or two days.

I am attaching a picture of what it looks like (maybe "offline" is not the right term).   Any idea what the issue can be? After I poke with it for a while it reloads the room and then it works fine.

Thanks

Rick

IMG_6118.JPG

4 hours ago, ziocan said:

When in that situation if I hit any button (eg Listen) it flashes this hourglass icon with a red sign below 

IMG_6127.JPG

Hourglass with bar means the remote lost connection to the mesh. What's the distance from the remote to the nearest ZAP or routing node?

I have only one ZAP - HC800 in master bedroom with external antenna - distance is next room but I do have thick stone walls. But I have two of CA zigbee extender 3 which are actually in same room as remote.... I wouldn't expect the remote to lose the mesh..... other zigbee stuff (wireless sensors, mini remotes) never lose the mesh....

16 minutes ago, ziocan said:

I have only one ZAP - HC800 in master bedroom with external antenna - distance is next room but I do have thick stone walls. But I have two of CA zigbee extender 3 which are actually in same room as remote.... I wouldn't expect the remote to lose the mesh..... other zigbee stuff (wireless sensors, mini remotes) never lose the mesh....

You have two CAs in the same room? There is such a thing as overklll.

Is your zigbee and wifi on non-overlapping channels?

Yes I have two but they are far apart, living room is very large... 

Yes, zigbee is on channel 25 IIRC, the one of the upper end of band, and I have wifi on channels 1 and 6.

Besides, everything else zigbee works just fine...

On 12/18/2016 at 11:19 AM, ziocan said:

not used for one or two days

Err. What you're seeing may well be normal behaviour. Being a sleepy device, it may indeed just go to deep sleep mode...

That said, check if the remote is not wrongly set for a charging dock setting under the settings menu. That can affect how it behaves on battery levels.

But it has been behaving bad even after it seemed to connect.

I.e. I poke with him a little, it connects and shows room name, I select Listen, go to browse CD's (old dog here) and while I am scrolling artists it again loses it and back to hourglass.     Also what puzzles me is the signal bars on top left always show maximum strength, is that indicator fake?

I will check the settings you suggested.

did you try to leave your remote closer to controller. (i can suspect faulty remote, but not only), I would like to try.

1. leave the zigbee mesh with your remote

2. get to controller closer (to avoid all nodes) and re register it. 

leave it for day and see, if same stuff happens, something  might be wrong with remote, if not, something wrong might be with zigbee mesh. 

I tried to de-register and re-register multiple times (although not near controller) and it seemed to work at first. My other 260 in bedroom works fine, will try your suggestion too although it may initially register with the controller and then move elsewhere still

I tried to de-register and re-register multiple times (although not near controller) and it seemed to work at first. My other 260 in bedroom works fine, will try your suggestion too although it may initially register with the controller and then move elsewhere still

I have had some issues with the SR260 being to close to a node. Perhaps you have too much signal. The extender may be over loading the sr260 signal input sensitivity. Try unplugging your extenders.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

also if the extenders are too close the remote could be hopping back and forth alot! this can cause similar issues. the picture you had it looks like the remote had zero signal. you will need to look at the zigbee settings.

The remote will behave more erratically as it is used more often. lights and other devices only need to check in every once in a while so they may be appearing to work but might have similar issues.

• 1 year later...

On your remote you can click 

List-Settings-About

And the second firmware is the one of your remotes

Also try

Room off # * 1 3 4 1 3

or

take the battery out and while holding down 0 and C4 button at the same time insert the battery until led screen pops up on remote then release

or

of course take out the battery for at least ten seconds and reinsert

to reset remote 

but i had the same probem the other day and my remote was doing the same thing for 30 mins, once i did the patch it fixed everything

Archived