C4 Forums | Control4

Chowmain - Oppo Bluray Player Driver

alanchow

50 minutes ago, perio said:

I want to automatically switch the projector to a specific HDR mode, when the oppo detects a HDR input. 

I can´t find this action under the oppo driver settings.

The driver has the ability to change HDR modes (mapped to a button) but the Oppo protocol does not provide any feedback when it detects a disc that supports HDR.

Ive got some problems. How do I get the advanced info screen from the oppo? Double click does not function.

Under "oppo player events" I choose source and output resolutions 1080p for Bluray and UHD. Under "actions" I choose the appropriate custom buttons for picture mode settings, but nothing happens, when the resolution changes.

What is wrong?

On 23/11/2017 at 4:18 AM, perio said:

Ive got some problems. How do I get the advanced info screen from the oppo? Double click does not function.

Under "oppo player events" I choose source and output resolutions 1080p for Bluray and UHD. Under "actions" I choose the appropriate custom buttons for picture mode settings, but nothing happens, when the resolution changes.

What is wrong?

We have mapped out all functions in the API.  I am not sure which screen you're talking about but i suspect you mean EXTENDED OSD.

In regards to the events there are 6 different 1080p resolutions.  Make sure you program for the correct one.

Also test out your script by using the execute button as well.

If you have further problems please contact one of our helpdesks (we have two - one US timezones and one Australia timezones)

https://www.chowmainsoft.com/support

20 hours ago, alanchow said:

We have mapped out all functions in the API.  I am not sure which screen you're talking about but i suspect you mean EXTENDED OSD.

In regards to the events there are 6 different 1080p resolutions.  Make sure you program for the correct one.

Also test out your script by using the execute button as well.

If you have further problems please contact one of our helpdesks (we have two - one US timezones and one Australia timezones)

https://www.chowmainsoft.com/support

Yes. I mapped the EXTENDED OSD to a custom button. Can You please explain me, where custom1, custom2 and custom3 are located?

On 24.11.2017 at 7:59 PM, perio said:

Yes. I mapped the EXTENDED OSD to a custom button. Can You please explain me, where custom1, custom2 and custom3 are located?

The scripts are working. It `ve tried all disk tray, source and output resolution events from the oppo driver with my oppo 203 (latest official firmware), but none worked. It seems, that the event keys are broken. Please help me.

7 hours ago, perio said:

The scripts are working. It `ve tried all disk tray, source and output resolution events from the oppo driver with my oppo 203 (latest official firmware), but none worked. It seems, that the event keys are broken. Please help me.

Weird these features are used in pretty much every job (this is one of our most popular drivers so it would have come up if it was broken).

First make sure that Feedback Mode is set to Feedback in the driver's properties.

If you are still having trouble please get your dealer to lodge a ticket via our helpdesk and we will investigate.  They will most likely need to provide us with remote access to your system.

On 26.11.2017 at 9:26 PM, alanchow said:

Weird these features are used in pretty much every job (this is one of our most popular drivers so it would have come up if it was broken).

First make sure that Feedback Mode is set to Feedback in the driver's properties.

If you are still having trouble please get your dealer to lodge a ticket via our helpdesk and we will investigate.  They will most likely need to provide us with remote access to your system.

Ive followed your advice to contact your Helpdesk. Now I am waiting for an answer since 2 days.

On 12/2/2017 at 8:55 PM, perio said:

Ive tried it two-times. Always I got the message, that I will be contacted over my mail address in the next 24 hours.

Just wanted to give you an update.  Your dealer reached out to us on Monday.  Dylan has been assisting but they have escalated to us and we are assisting your dealer.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 18.12.2017 at 1:10 AM, alanchow said:

UPDATE

The Oppo driver has now been updated to provide aspect ratio feedback for UDP-203 and UDP-205 models.   This is useful for programming automated screen masking and projection modes for systems with projectors.

Ive tested this new feature with several German disks (Atomic blond UHD, Baby Driver bluray, Deepwater horizon UHD, King Arrhur bluray and UHD, Sully UHD, Spider-Man Homecoming BD and Wonder Woman UHD), but either the disks are mastered with no correct metadata or the Oppo shows the wrong aspect ratio (16:9 instead of 21:9). All that movies are in cinemascope format. The only thing that works, is, when I stop the movie and the Oppo switches to the home menu, my screen masking changes to 16:9. Therefore this nice feature seems to be worthless at least with German disks. 

In addition as I mentioned above the in and output resolution feature does not work for me until now, although my dealer contacted the support, who has integrated meanwhile a "detailed feedback" function. My own questions or remarks to the support remain unanswered. This is very disappointing.

For me its important, that my beamer changes to a certain HDR picture profile when the Oppo detects this.

On 01/01/2018 at 5:27 AM, perio said:

Ive tested this new feature with several German disks (Atomic blond UHD, Baby Driver bluray, Deepwater horizon UHD, King Arrhur bluray and UHD, Sully UHD, Spider-Man Homecoming BD and Wonder Woman UHD), but either the disks are mastered with no correct metadata or the Oppo shows the wrong aspect ratio (16:9 instead of 21:9). All that movies are in cinemascope format. The only thing that works, is, when I stop the movie and the Oppo switches to the home menu, my screen masking changes to 16:9. Therefore this nice feature seems to be worthless at least with German disks. 

In addition as I mentioned above the in and output resolution feature does not work for me until now, although my dealer contacted the support, who has integrated meanwhile a "detailed feedback" function. My own questions or remarks to the support remain unanswered. This is very disappointing.

For me its important, that my beamer changes to a certain HDR picture profile when the Oppo detects this.

Glad to see that your resolution functionality is resolved.  You should probably call support up or use the live chat if you have problems speaking to them.

We just pass through what Oppo sends to us. I am not sure how they determine when to provide this aspect feedback as it was only recently introduced.  It is actually undocumented at this stage so we had to get our local distributor to get the information back.

However if you want a better experience you should probably invest in Kaleidescape.  From my understanding though most discs are mastered incorrectly and do not provide good feedback as to their aspect ratio and as such they have someone who manually goes through each movie to ensure proper aspect ratios (https://www.residentialsystems.com/res-blogs/1292)

On 2.1.2018 at 4:02 AM, alanchow said:

Glad to see that your resolution functionality is resolved.  You should probably call support up or use the live chat if you have problems speaking to them.

We just pass through what Oppo sends to us. I am not sure how they determine when to provide this aspect feedback as it was only recently introduced.  It is actually undocumented at this stage so we had to get our local distributor to get the information back.

However if you want a better experience you should probably invest in Kaleidescape.  From my understanding though most discs are mastered incorrectly and do not provide good feedback as to their aspect ratio and as such they have someone who manually goes through each movie to ensure proper aspect ratios (https://www.residentialsystems.com/res-blogs/1292)

Do You know, if it possible that the this driver can recognize HDR output from the oppo in order to program a control4 action (HDR picture profile).

On 07/01/2018 at 4:21 AM, perio said:

Do You know, if it possible that the this driver can recognize HDR output from the oppo in order to program a control4 action (HDR picture profile).

The driver will recognise resolution changes but not HDR output (there is no feedback on this from the Oppo).  You can programatically turn HDR on and off though so maybe program against that action.

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, nyarjun said:

Can you use this driver to use oppo 203 like a dune media player?

Like picking a movie on the control4 myhome app to turn on the tv and play the movie on the oppo?

No the Oppo API does not allow us to do this.  We have several other drivers for other products that will allow you to do this.

https://www.chowmainsoft.com/kodi-xbmc-full-driver-for-control4

https://www.chowmainsoft.com/plex-full-driver-for-control4

https://www.chowmainsoft.com/kaleidescape

• 3 weeks later...

I deleted the oppo driver, because neither my dealer nor the support was able to get the driver to work regarding the resolution feature. My dealer told me, that the support didn't answer his requests. This is very disappointing. I have changed back to the original driver from Annex, which is now supporting this feature.

Weird.  Our support desk escalates tickets to us when they can’t resolve it and I haven’t received any for oppo

As mentioned our driver does support resolution feedback but not Feedback for HDR state.

• 2 years later...
On 3/6/2018 at 5:20 AM, alanchow said:

No the Oppo API does not allow us to do this.  We have several other drivers for other products that will allow you to do this.

https://www.chowmainsoft.com/kodi-xbmc-full-driver-for-control4

https://www.chowmainsoft.com/plex-full-driver-for-control4

https://www.chowmainsoft.com/kaleidescape

Oppo supports this through their own app. A bit of packet sniffing might yield the API for doing this? I know lots of people would love for their Oppo 203 or Oppo 203 clones to work like this.

3 hours ago, mlathrop said:

Oppo supports this through their own app. A bit of packet sniffing might yield the API for doing this? I know lots of people would love for their Oppo 203 or Oppo 203 clones to work like this.

As Oppo discontinued production of bluray players back in 2018 we arn't implementing new features.

If you are looking for a media player compatible with Control4 we recommend Zappiti.  In fact the Zappiti Pro 4k HDR is up there in performance to the UDP-203 (I heard from a distributor that they actually hired Oppo engineers to make the Pro 4k).

https://hometheaterhifi.com/reviews/audio-player/media-players/zappiti-pro-4k-hdr-media-player-review/

http://chowmainsoft.com/zappiti-control4

Zappiti Video Wall.png

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.