C4 Forums | Control4

House AM/FM Tuners

lasvegas_rob

Folks,

I am trying to figure out a solution for AM/FM in a C4 configuration. C4 has the dual/triple tuner with ethernet, but does anyone know how it works with features like direct access and preset tuning? I am trying to determine if I can use a different tuner that allows direct access, such as the TEAC or Rotel. The TEAC is IR, and the Rotel is 232 or IR. I don't necessarily need multiple tuners, but I do need the ability to directly access a station, i.e. using the favorites list on the C4 MC OSD. Most of our customers like the ability to just scroll through their AM/FM presets, so having a channel or tune up/down feature is nice. Thanks for the help!

The only thing that is work on the C4 drivers is most receivers don't have direct station tuning in the driver, even if the machine does. I just spent a few hours learning their XML so I could hack our Marantz drivers to work with direct tuning. It works now so selecting things off "radio" on the on-screen interface works just fine.

For server rack stuff we are using the C4 tuners (first one coming tomorrow).

Curt

• 1 month later...

I have a Control 4 Tuner at a customers house and it picks up only about 25% of the stations. I have used the same Antenna feed to the Denon Receiver in the same rack and the Denon picks up EVERY station. So 2 questions, does anyone think we could amplify the signal or get rid of the C4 tuner. The direct access to stations is very nice.

If we cannot solve with the C4 tuner, he would like to go with an XM tuner for the whole house audio. Would the Polk XM tuner through Composer retreive station logos for direct access or through presets that would show up on the OSD's. Any help would be appreciated.

BOZ

I have an Integra DTM5.3 at home that works great with direct tuning. If anyone needs the driver let me know. I had to edit the C4 driver to get it work properly and control the zone2 as well.

Jamman

• 1 month later...

Archived