C4 Forums | Control4

Greenfield Solutions UniFi Video NVR driver

msgreenf

https://www.houselogix.com/shop/unifi-nvr

Have a UniFi NVR? Looking for a way to integrate it with Control4? Now is the time!  This is a simple driver that supports H264 & snapshot. That means that it won't work display video on all Control4 interfaces as older non-EA series Navigators require MJPEG and the MyPC app require MJPEG.  This will display video on mobile Navigators and newer EA series navigators.

The UnifI API is VERY limited and not documented.  If more capabilities become available, I will update to support them.

We are needing an UBIQUITY unifi NVR driver for control4 so that our customer could see his cameras inside control4 App and using 4sight. Does that driver, works that way? We tried a sample driver and we couldn’t see the cameras remotely outside the local network using 4sight (we were able to see those cameras at the local area network)....  does it work actually? Can you suggest us what is needed in order to work?

We are needing an UBIQUITY unifi NVR driver for control4 so that our customer could see his cameras inside control4 App and using 4sight. Does that driver, works that way? We tried a sample driver and we couldn’t see the cameras remotely outside the local network using 4sight (we were able to see those cameras at the local area network)....  does it work actually? Can you suggest us what is needed in order to work?

Jose this should work as you have stated for outside network access. I recommend downloading the driver and entering the license key trial to activate the trial and verify before purchasing. Please don't hesitate to reach out with any additional support or questions.

Sent from my STV100-1 using Tapatalk

• 4 months later...

Does one still need the UniFi NVR hardware with this driver or just the cameras?

I have an EA3 controller & UniFi networking hardware, and I'm considering the UniFi cameras.

I've read I could use my QNAP NAS as the NVR.

16 minutes ago, TexasUser said:

Does one still need the UniFi NVR hardware with this driver or just the cameras?

I have an EA3 controller & UniFi networking hardware, and I'm considering the UniFi cameras.

I've read I could use my QNAP NAS as the NVR.

for this driver you need the NVR.  The API used is for the NVR not the camera. there is no API for the cameras

• 2 months later...
5 minutes ago, msgreenf said:

why is Houselogix no longer?  

I must have misunderstood the post from the other week......  I read they were discontinuing support for 3rd party drivers (HAd been bought by SnapAV), and had assumed they would be winding down the marketplace business......   

As such, I'd prefer not to buy fro them moving forward.

Just now, RobbieF said:

I must have misunderstood the post from the other week......  I read they were discontinuing support for 3rd party drivers (HAd been bought by SnapAV), and had assumed they would be winding down the marketplace business......   

As such, I'd prefer not to buy fro them moving forward.

They have not been providing support since May, but they are not closing the market place.  No matter which channel you buy from Houselogix or Blackwire, I will support you 100%

1 minute ago, Bsmall423 said:

@msgreenf I am still having a weird issue where registration disconnects once every 2 weeks. License shows as invalid, but once i remove and re-add, it works fine. I'm assuming that is on the houselogix side of things and out of your hands?

that is really odd. I am going to make a licensing tweak to another driver, i will try the same here. I think the problem is internet hiccups which I don't deal with very gracefully right now

On 23/08/2017 at 5:14 AM, msgreenf said:

that is really odd. I am going to make a licensing tweak to another driver, i will try the same here. I think the problem is internet hiccups which I don't deal with very gracefully right now

yeah we used to have these issues with Houselogix.  We had to make a change to our licencing algorithm to retry if it fails to reach the server

3 hours ago, alanchow said:

yeah we used to have these issues with Houselogix.  We had to make a change to our licencing algorithm to retry if it fails to reach the server

yup, that is pretty much what I adjusted to do!

• 6 months later...
8 hours ago, TylerMRoach said:

I can only get the still images to show up. Live video times out. Thoughts?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Tyler, thank you for your business.  If have a trial license or have purchased from Blackwire, please contact there support.  If you have purchased from HouseLogix please open a support tix directly at www.greenfieldsolutions.site and we will be happy to help!

• 4 months later...

Archived