C4 Forums | Control4

HC800 Link light flashing

Anyone know what it means when there are no other lights on the HC800, apart from the link light constantly flashing?

Can't access the box over IP, wondering if its worth resetting it or if it means something else?

cheers,

Ok, so I took it apart and connected the flash to my laptop, but the flash has died.

So I'm thinking thats the problem.

Before I order a new flash, does anyone know if the factory restore image is stored on the sandisk flash - or is it elsewhere on the unit?

• 1 year later...

Sorry, I didn't. As the whole house was down I bought an EA-5 to replace it.

My dealer told me that we could send the HC800 to Control4 to get them to fix it, but I had no idea how long that would take - and didn't want to live by candle light until they got back to me.

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry, I didn't mean to disagree. I think you are right, its the disk. Mine dead, your's not dead - but if corrupt its the same.

If its corrupt you are probably better copying the image from the working hc800 to the corrupt disk and trying to boot it.

I doubt you will be able to recover anything from the existing disk, and its probably not worth trying if you have a backup of your config to restore.

I'd be interested to know if there is another way of re-imaging the disk. I imagine C4 have a way or re-imaging, knowing them though they won't make this available.

• 6 months later...
On 5/11/2018 at 5:54 PM, drivertutorial said:

If its corrupt you are probably better copying the image from the working hc800 to the corrupt disk and trying to boot it.

Please help. Did someone have a working HC-800? please make me an image of your disk. I will be very grateful.

• 3 months later...

Archived