C4 Forums | Control4

NetPlay Home compatible equipment list

videostorm

On 12/2/2019 at 12:55 PM, eggzlot said:

Jacky at Shineco DVB right?  I sent her an email when I first noticed the issue and they didnt get back to me.  I think I tried a chat via Ali or another system and no response.

Try again and copy me on the email (jason @ video storm).  I can follow up if needed.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

What is the QLaunch command for Amazon Prime Video on the Fire TV Stick. The one I have currently in my driver does not work. When I use the control4 universal driver it launches the Fire TV's main menu. Thx in advance

1 hour ago, ee999 said:

What is the QLaunch command for Amazon Prime Video on the Fire TV Stick. The one I have currently in my driver does not work. When I use the control4 universal driver it launches the Fire TV's main menu. Thx in advance

On Amazon products, prime video is part of the home screen (use the HOME key).

• 1 month later...

Does anybody have any C4 programming tips when trying to control different sources when using Virtual Video Wall mode? I am running two Roku's as sources and I want to jump back and forth from controlling Roku 1 to Roku 2 without closing the Video Wall

29 minutes ago, lippavisual said:

Create a separate room is the easiest.  Call it "Videowall control".  Then just select the sources you want to control and it will leave your videowall setup untouched.

Thanks, and then make the Video End Points for the "Video Wall Control" room the TV still?

End points won't matter as long as the new room has the same sources available as your actual Videowall room.  Throw in a random TV, AVR or make bindings to matrix switches.  They aren't physically connected, just in the software  Your main goal is to select Watch>SourceX and gain control of that source.  In other words, you're faking the logic behind the software so you can do simple tasks without interrupting your actual room. 

• 4 months later...

We are happy to announce that Google latest streaming device works PERFECTLY with IRUSB and NETPLAY TV!

The new Chromecast is the best $50 streaming device in the world right now. With IRUSB, you get lightning fast IP control in C4, RTI, and many more systems. Add NetPlay TV and it becomes a full home video distribution system as well. Just need digital signage? Chromecast + Splash-Tiles is your answer!

https://store.google.com/us/product/chromecast_google_tv

What makes the new Google Chromecast better than a FireTV? The IRUSB is a great little device but I find it ridiculous that you need to use IR to control a streaming device that is, by definition, an IP device.  Every streaming device should have a well-documented API, Roku is a good example.  I was wrong about that.

2 minutes ago, zaphod said:

What makes the new Google Chromecast better than a FireTV? The IRUSB is a great little device but I find it ridiculous that you need to use IR to control a streaming device that is, by definition, an IP device.  Every streaming device should have a well-documented API, Roku is a good example. 

you aren't using IR - you are using IP.  THe IRUSB adds another IR bud that you can use to control a TV...

Chromecast w/ Google TV  vs  Firestick 4K

1. Faster processor
  2. Newer Android (10 vs 7)
  3. Google Play store instead of Amazon App store
  4. USB-C instead of micro USB  (faster, more compatible, etc)
  5. Google Cast  (screen sharing)

Otherwise they are both good products.  Depends if you prefer Amazon vs Google....

I am not very familiar with Netplay but this has me interested. Let me get this right.

Buy a couple IP Encoders for devices like cable boxes. 

Buy some Chromecast TVs / IRusb and download netplay app.

Boom you essentially have an IP video matrix for cheap? 

When someone goes "watch cable" the chromecast fires right up to the netplay app on the correct input? even if the last thing we were watching was netflix built into the chromecast?

3 minutes ago, BraydonH said:

I am not very familiar with Netplay but this has me interested. Let me get this right.

Buy a couple IP Encoders for devices like cable boxes. 

Buy some Chromecast TVs / IRusb and download netplay app.

Boom you essentially have an IP video matrix for cheap? 

When someone goes "watch cable" the chromecast fires right up to the netplay app on the correct input? even if the last thing we were watching was netflix built into the chromecast?

Yes, this is correct.  The only thing you are missing is you will need the NetPlay Manager controller (and perhaps IRUSBs).  Please see our estimator at https://video-storm.com/residential.php

Watch menu "Cable" will 

• Chromecast in this room will display cable source full screen  (via the NetplayTV app)
  • Remote control will control the cable box

Watch menu "Netflix" will

• Chromecast in this room will display the local Netflix app (on this chromecast)
  • Remote control will control this Chromecast

You can even watch Cable as PIP over the local Netflix app if you like...

@videostorm - how would an IRUSB work on an Android TV without C4 IP drivers?  For instance a TCL or Hisense TV.  Would the IRUSB allow the TV to be controlled to be turned on/off, volume up/down and change inputs if the IRUSB is plugged directly into the TV?  Would you need to use the IR part on the front of the TV or would the commands just be sent to the device via the USB connection?

8 minutes ago, eggzlot said:

@videostorm - how would an IRUSB work on an Android TV without C4 IP drivers?  For instance a TCL or Hisense TV.  Would the IRUSB allow the TV to be controlled to be turned on/off, volume up/down and change inputs if the IRUSB is plugged directly into the TV?  Would you need to use the IR part on the front of the TV or would the commands just be sent to the device via the USB connection?

For Android TVs, IRUSB allows wakeup and sleep IP commands   (not a complete power off since we still need network).

Volume commands are IP also, although on some TVs this doesn't work and you need to set the IR commands (also via IRUSB)

Input select commands are best via IR (IRUSB).  You can use IP menu navigation to select inputs from the gui as well, but not as automated.

For IR commands, just tie the TV IR driver in control4 to the IRUSB driver (for that TV) IR out connection.

7 minutes ago, videostorm said:

For Android TVs, IRUSB allows wakeup and sleep IP commands   (not a complete power off since we still need network).

Volume commands are IP also, although on some TVs this doesn't work and you need to set the IR commands (also via IRUSB)

Input select commands are best via IR (IRUSB).  You can use IP menu navigation to select inputs from the gui as well, but not as automated.

For IR commands, just tie the TV IR driver in control4 to the IRUSB driver (for that TV) IR out connection.

Thanks - seeing how much I can do IP vs IR since no offense I do not like the look of IR buds (IRUSB or any brand for that matter) on the front of the TV.  So if I could avoid showing any IR I'd be happy so trying to see what is possible by just plugging in the IRUSB and letting it dangle in the back all tied up.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

NetplayTV 4.0 has just been released.  Here are the highlights:

• Fully Universal overlay
    • PIP or transparently overlay any NetPlay source over whatever is playing
      • Any other App (Netflix, Prime, etc) or Home screen
      • Any source connected via a local HDMI port
    • Configurable size, position, transparency, and more
    • Start & Stop PIP is non disruptive to your main program
  • Support for local HDMI inputs 
    • OTT (over the top) box support with new Z9X decoders
    • Full support for Android and Fire OS TVs with HDMI inputs
    • Overlay and PIP anything over your local HDMI signals
  • Redesigned User Interface
    • Improved contrast and transparency for maximum usability
    • Local UI is now fully synchronized with remote control APIs
    • Easy selection of Audio in Tiled mode
This is a FREE upgrade to all NetPlayTV customers.

From a hardware perspective, this enables the newest OTT boxes (Over the top, meaning they have HDMI inputs and NetPlay can directly display over the HDMI input).  The one we recommend which supports 4Kp60 HDMI input to output is Z9X  

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.