C4 Forums | Control4

Greenfield Solutions Reolink Camera Driver

msgreenf

Greenfield Solutions has worked with Reolink to release a driver for Reolink's innovative line of Cameras.  Reolink has an innovative all battery powered WiFi camera which I believe will be the first battery powered camera to allow for integration for Control4!  The Reolink Keen - https://reolink.com/product/keen/

In addition this driver will work with all Reolink cameras.

The driver will be released in the next few days! Just final testing and tweaks.  Waiting for some API feedback on motion detection.

From what I've read, lots of battery operated cameras arent "always on" to save on battery.  They wait for motion then start to record.  How does the Reolink work?  Could I set one up and view it / record it 24x7 if I want to?  Their website claims 180 days in "stand by" mode.  What is your experience or knowledge working with the company?

Thanks for that -  Didnt think so, just wanted to check as i'm getting an increasing number of projects where people only want to use the Control 4 Application / touchpanels with all this direct to consumer stuff (e.g. Doorbird, Ring, Sonos, Heos, etc.) and its getting challenging.  That being said it looks like another good solution for video.  Ill be interested to see what some of the programming flexibility is.

11 minutes ago, IcarianX1 said:

Thanks for that -  Didnt think so, just wanted to check as i'm getting an increasing number of projects where people only want to use the Control 4 Application / touchpanels with all this direct to consumer stuff (e.g. Doorbird, Ring, Sonos, Heos, etc.) and its getting challenging.  That being said it looks like another good solution for video.  Ill be interested to see what some of the programming flexibility is.

Thanks!  due to the API's it will be some basic video play and PTZ

• 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 1 year later...
35 minutes ago, Benoît van Osch said:

Does this driver support motion detection triggers? The driver's documentation says 'Supports motion detection events if enabled on the camera' which I have done but I can't find a trigger option in Control4. Any direction on this will be very much appreciated.

Benoit,

Thank you for your question. That is a copy and paste mistake in the documentation - Reolink doesn't have a good API for motion detection and the driver doesn't support that.

Thank you for the quick response. Unfortunately, that's a real shame as I was very keen to use this function in Control4 to switch external lights. There are no workarounds with ONVIF and if not what other IP cameras can you recommend that support this feature and integrate well with C4? I am trying the trial version at the moment and get Snapshots ok but not the H264 stream. 'URL not verified: Could not read from resource.' RSTP port number I use is 554. Any ideas what this could be? 

2 hours ago, Benoît van Osch said:

That would be great! I saw that Amcrest integrates well with C4 so perhaps I should consider changing to them.  Bit of a shame because I am quite happy with the Reolinks and assumed this to be possible. Would be nice if I could get the H264 stream to work before the trial expires.  

message sent

• 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...
On 2/12/2017 at 2:26 PM, msgreenf said:

Greenfield Solutions has worked with Reolink to release a driver for Reolink's innovative line of Cameras.  Reolink has an innovative all battery powered WiFi camera which I believe will be the first battery powered camera to allow for integration for Control4!  The Reolink Keen - https://reolink.com/product/keen/

In addition this driver will work with all Reolink cameras.

The driver will be released in the next few days! Just final testing and tweaks.  Waiting for some API feedback on motion detection.

I'm aware this is a massively old thread but I can't find a more recent one on the topic. Can you list what cameras this driver supports? Because I've just tried it with an RLC-410 and it doesn't do much at all. and it works!

Also are you still doing any work with Reolink because a way to get the cameras through their NVR would be nice, the NVR seems to put them on a weird subnet and I can see no way to change it. Only solution I see is to not use the inbuilt PoE switch and use my own instead so I can get at the cameras directly...?

Sadly this product was thrust upon me by the client and I'm trying to do the best I can with it.

1 hour ago, timbooo said:

I'm aware this is a massively old thread but I can't find a more recent one on the topic. Can you list what cameras this driver supports? Because I've just tried it with an RLC-410 and it doesn't do much at all.

Also are you still doing any work with Reolink because a way to get the cameras through their NVR would be nice, the NVR seems to put them on a weird subnet and I can see no way to change it. Only solution I see is to not use the inbuilt PoE switch and use my own instead so I can get at the cameras directly...?

Sadly this product was thrust upon me by the client and I'm trying to do the best I can with it.

What do you mean by not doing much?

That driver is not made to be used with cameras directly connected to a NVR.

2 hours ago, msgreenf said:

What do you mean by not doing much?

That driver is not made to be used with cameras directly connected to a NVR.

Ok weirdly it started to work after some delay so I retract the "not doing much" comment :)

Is there any way to access the cameras directly connected to the NVR or will I have to go with a separate PoE switch to get access to them (if you don't mind opining on the problem!)

Cheers

Ok weirdly it started to work after some delay so I retract the "not doing much" comment
Is there any way to access the cameras directly connected to the NVR or will I have to go with a separate PoE switch to get access to them (if you don't mind opining on the problem!)
Cheers
The only way I know is their own switch not behind the NVR

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

Msgreenf, I bought this driver from Houselogix last year, but obviously they are no more. The license now says invalid so how do I keep it working please. I would guess that even though Houselogix have gone, the license key would be yours so are you able to advise what to do please? I did try the support button on your website but that did not work either.

Thanks

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.