msgreenf

Greenfield Solutions Reolink Camera Driver

Greenfield Solutions has worked with Reolink to release a driver for Reolink's innovative line of Cameras.  Reolink has an innovative all battery powered WiFi camera which I believe will be the first battery powered camera to allow for integration for Control4!  The Reolink Keen - https://reolink.com/product/keen/

In addition this driver will work with all Reolink cameras.

The driver will be released in the next few days! Just final testing and tweaks.  Waiting for some API feedback on motion detection.

From what I've read, lots of battery operated cameras arent "always on" to save on battery.  They wait for motion then start to record.  How does the Reolink work?  Could I set one up and view it / record it 24x7 if I want to?  Their website claims 180 days in "stand by" mode.  What is your experience or knowledge working with the company?

Correct it is not always on and can record on motion or my understanding it can be called directly to load video. I don't have too much more knowledge yet as this is a new product

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Just now, IcarianX1 said:

Nice work on this -   Does the Driver have any function with the 2 Way Comms Available on the Camera (e.g. Panel to Camera Comms)

it does not as there is no way to integrate this with Control4.

Thanks for that -  Didnt think so, just wanted to check as i'm getting an increasing number of projects where people only want to use the Control 4 Application / touchpanels with all this direct to consumer stuff (e.g. Doorbird, Ring, Sonos, Heos, etc.) and its getting challenging.  That being said it looks like another good solution for video.  Ill be interested to see what some of the programming flexibility is.

11 minutes ago, IcarianX1 said:

Thanks for that -  Didnt think so, just wanted to check as i'm getting an increasing number of projects where people only want to use the Control 4 Application / touchpanels with all this direct to consumer stuff (e.g. Doorbird, Ring, Sonos, Heos, etc.) and its getting challenging.  That being said it looks like another good solution for video.  Ill be interested to see what some of the programming flexibility is.

Thanks!  due to the API's it will be some basic video play and PTZ

Msgreenf:  what is the rough cost for your driver?  Just trying to compare total cost for security camera systems that could be integrated into C4

thx

4 minutes ago, C4newb18 said:

Msgreenf:  what is the rough cost for your driver?  Just trying to compare total cost for security camera systems that could be integrated into C4

thx

$150 MSRP