C4 Forums | Control4

Control4 Homebridge Driver Released

• 1 year later...

Just a note for anyone interested in this driver, I've been running Josh's raspberry pi appliance and the driver for more than a year.  It is the most rock solid piece of equipment in my house, I haven't had to touch it in all the time I've owned it, even though I have frequent power outages in my neighborhood.  I can't say enough positive things about @Joshua Pressnell or this Homekit solution.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/13/2019 at 1:45 AM, control4user007 said:

@Joshua Pressnell any chance you plan to add support for shade control?  Just picked up 6 AXIS gear and going to have them linked into control4.

It's sort of a permanent item on my to-do that I haven't quite worked out yet.  So yes, it's possible.  I just have to find time to work it out.

1 hour ago, Joshua Pressnell said:

It's sort of a permanent item on my to-do that I haven't quite worked out yet.  So yes, it's possible.  I just have to find time to work it out.

I too would like to see that, and the ability to trigger Control4 scenes, but I don't think Homekit supports that feature. 

Incidentally, I've been testing MacOS Catalina (unrelated to Control4) and the new Home app has a new UI for Thermostats that when opened caused homebridge to crash. I suspect the same thing is true with iOS 13, but I haven't tried that. It's not a huge deal as the release is a few months off, but I thought I'd mention it in case you were not aware. 

Cheers,

John

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/14/2019 at 7:09 PM, johnpg said:

I too would like to see that, and the ability to trigger Control4 scenes, but I don't think Homekit supports that feature. 

Incidentally, I've been testing MacOS Catalina (unrelated to Control4) and the new Home app has a new UI for Thermostats that when opened caused homebridge to crash. I suspect the same thing is true with iOS 13, but I haven't tried that. It's not a huge deal as the release is a few months off, but I thought I'd mention it in case you were not aware. 

Cheers,

John

I don't seem to have this problem on 10.15 or ios13....can you say more of what you're seeing?

8 hours ago, ekohn00 said:

I don't seem to have this problem on 10.15 or ios13....can you say more of what you're seeing?

It's the new UI for thermostats (see below). Is it working for you? When I tried it, it caused home bridge to crash. It was a repeatable crash, it didn't just happen once. I have not upgraded to beta 2 though, so perhaps it was a Homekit issue that's been resolved if you're not seeing it. The next time I boot into 10.15 I'll try it again and post a an actual screenshot. 

31443-52592-Thermostats-in-iOS-13-l.jpg

17 hours ago, johnpg said:

It's the new UI for thermostats (see below). Is it working for you? When I tried it, it caused home bridge to crash. It was a repeatable crash, it didn't just happen once. I have not upgraded to beta 2 though, so perhaps it was a Homekit issue that's been resolved if you're not seeing it. The next time I boot into 10.15 I'll try it again and post a an actual screenshot. 

No problems on my side. It's either that I'm using dark mode or Beta 2.

On 6/14/2019 at 7:09 PM, johnpg said:

Cheers,

John

I have thermostats in my system and haven't had any issues, so it could be specific to your thermostat model rather than universal. If you send me the homebridge crash logs, I can take a look and see if it's easily fixable.

As for Control4 scenes.... there isn't a way to "link" Control4 scenes to HomeKit scenes.  But you can use a "virtual switch" and C4 programming to tie a switch in HomeKit to C4 scene state and use HomeKit scenes to react to the C4 scene and do whatever you like.  Or use actions from inside HomeKit to trigger C4 scenes by turning on the switch in HomeKit.  There's lots of possibilities here.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.