C4 Forums | Control4

Rachio or Rain Bird w/LNKWIFI Module?

DIEHARD

Which brand is better? They both adjust based on weather which is the big part i am looking for.

Other than that the only real difference i can see would be that you could still manually use the Rain Bird from the panel itself if you needed to but at the same time i don't see why you would ever need to.

I don't think I plan to ever integrate them into C4 so am really just looking for advice on what the best stand alone product is.

On 3/24/2017 at 7:31 AM, THEORY said:

Take a look at Hydrawise, especially the Pro series which has more room in the box for wiring.

Thanks its getting warm now, will be looking at the Hydrawise. Who has the driver for that? Had the ICS-1 and the guys from Thedriverslab were truly great with helping me out, but the ICS-1 company closed and I cant get support :(

3 hours ago, mr. happy said:

Thanks its getting warm now, will be looking at the Hydrawise. Who has the driver for that? Had the ICS-1 and the guys from Thedriverslab were great with helping me out, but the company closed and I cant get support :(

I just got the hydrawise driver from annex. I like that you can suspend or run a single zone. Really will come in handy when the dog run is complete next month. 

On ‎3‎/‎31‎/‎2017 at 4:23 PM, Thatguy230 said:

I just got the hydrawise driver from annex. I like that you can suspend or run a single zone. Really will come in handy when the dog run is complete next month. 

It is much more robust and refined then the Rachio.  There is a good number of extra features that are useful.

On 31/03/2017 at 4:23 PM, Thatguy230 said:

We hope you are enjoying the Hydrawise integration.

1 minute ago, annex⁴ said:

I have my dog run being built next week not turning on sprinklers till then. My friend had his installed yesterday and it works great. I believe @VinceDub is hooking up the driver for him today. I'm really impressed with the Hydrawise controller. I'll see the c4 side hopefully later today or tmrw. 

5 minutes ago, annex⁴ said:

This may be wishful thinking but would definitely be a great idea. I wish there was a way to program conditionals based on wind direction so I could prevent the zone from coming if our  cars  are parked in the driveway and the wind is blowing in the direction of the cars. 

Archived