C4 Forums | Control4

Composer HE Device Renamer Driver

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There are kind of two devices - the dimmer and the lights that are (I guess) bound to the dimmer:

Wireless Outlet Dimmer
Control4 LOZ-5D1-W
Device ID: 305
Device File: outlet_wireless_dimmer.c4i

Control4 Outlet Light
Device ID: 306
Device File: outlet_light.c4i

Well there's more than that.

Looks like you have the OLD driver there (based on the outlet-light driver, as there are V2 versions for the driver (to allow advanced lighting scene integration).

To he'll need support for 7 drivers total - 'old' outlet dimmer and switch, the light that connects to those - as well as the 'new' v2 drivers for dimmer and switch and the TWO lights for those (dimmable and non-dimmable)

19 minutes ago, Gary Leeds UK said:

Mitch, 

The house logic auto update is not working for me - Could you give them a poke 

it could take up to 24 hrs, so lets see if you get the update tomorrow, and if not I will ask. Really, unless you want to rename any of the 3 above devices you don't need the update.

16 minutes ago, msgreenf said:

it could take up to 24 hrs, so lets see if you get the update tomorrow, and if not I will ask. Really, unless you want to rename any of the 3 above devices you don't need the update.

I think it can take even longer... I seem to recall that the update driver has a frequency setting.  I know that mine only checks for updates every 72 hours (not sure if this was a driver setting that we chose when my dealer installed the driver or if that is simply how it works).  @Gary Leeds UK  There is an action on the driver that allow you to force an update. 

5 hours ago, Gary Leeds UK said:

Sorry Guys unable to check for a couple of weeks - Going to Gleneagles to play golf for a week and then Paris - Its Heart Breaking !!!

What courses are you going to be playing at Gleneagles?

On 09/11/2017 at 10:17 AM, msgreenf said:

This is a bit OT but how can you tell if/when a driver has updated?

37 minutes ago, zaphod said:

This is a bit OT but how can you tell if/when a driver has updated?

The HouseLogix update driver has a string field which contains the information on all recent updates.  I email this to myself every time an update happens. I can’t recall whether I email this based on the string field changing or a schedule that the update driver creates or via an email property in the driver... But it is definitely one of these.  If you can’t find this, let me know and I will check.

I used to get emails regularly but now I am down to only one or two HouseLogix drivers (the Device Renamer being one of them) so don’t get many... interestingly, I have not had an email in the last week or two, so I am pretty sure that the update has not come through to me yet!

If the driver exposes a driver version number, you can look on the properties page.  You can also look at the update date for the file on the controller or look at the date in a backup.

i don't know if drivercentral has a similar function as the HouseLogix update driver.

16 minutes ago, jfh said:

If the driver exposes a driver version number, you can look on the properties page.  You can also look at the update date for the file on the controller or look at the date in a backup.

i don't know if drivercentral has a similar function as the HouseLogix update driver.

Driver central drivers have a property for updating that you turn on / off either globally (all driver central drivers) or individually.

Driver central drivers have a property for updating that you turn on / off either globally (all driver central drivers) or individually.
My drivers are not and will not be on driver central

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I am still on 1.0.10.  Shouldn't it be auto updating?  I am running the Houselogix Auto Update driver - v4.  When I look at the update log I see:

--LOG START--
Mon Jul 24 02:33:34 2017 Update: util_device_renamer
Fri Jul 21 02:33:34 2017 Update: util_device_renamer
Wed Jul 12 02:33:34 2017 Update: util_device_renamer
Sun Jul  9 02:33:34 2017 Update: util_device_renamer
Mon Jul  3 02:33:34 2017 Update: util_device_renamer

So it looks like the auto update may not have been working for a while.

Can I update myself or do I need to get my dealer to do that.

I am still on 1.0.10.  Shouldn't it be auto updating?  I am running the Houselogix Auto Update driver - v4.  When I look at the update log I see:
--LOG START--
Mon Jul 24 02:33:34 2017 Update: util_device_renamer
Fri Jul 21 02:33:34 2017 Update: util_device_renamer
Wed Jul 12 02:33:34 2017 Update: util_device_renamer
Sun Jul  9 02:33:34 2017 Update: util_device_renamer
Mon Jul  3 02:33:34 2017 Update: util_device_renamer

So it looks like the auto update may not have been working for a while.
Can I update myself or do I need to get my dealer to do that.
Dealers required. PM me and I can help

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

@msgreenf My HC800 is on device renamer 2.0.2 and auto update 4.  Auto update and manual update don't get me anything newer. The update log says:

--LOG START--
Wed Jul 12 04:36:52 2017 Update: util_device_renamer
Sun Jul  9 04:36:52 2017 Update: util_device_renamer
Sun Jul  2 04:18:56 2017 Update: util_device_renamer
Wed May  3 04:23:42 2017 Update: util_device_renamer
Sun Apr 30 04:23:42 2017 Update: util_device_renamer
--LOG END--

My dealer says there are problems with auto update and I recall he manually updated my device renamer to 2.0.2.  How do I go about getting auto update to work so I can automatically get 2.0.5 and future releases of this great driver?  thanks

15 minutes ago, JoeA said:

@msgreenf My HC800 is on device renamer 2.0.2 and auto update 4.  Auto update and manual update don't get me anything newer. The update log says:

--LOG START--
Wed Jul 12 04:36:52 2017 Update: util_device_renamer
Sun Jul  9 04:36:52 2017 Update: util_device_renamer
Sun Jul  2 04:18:56 2017 Update: util_device_renamer
Wed May  3 04:23:42 2017 Update: util_device_renamer
Sun Apr 30 04:23:42 2017 Update: util_device_renamer
--LOG END--

My dealer says there are problems with auto update and I recall he manually updated my device renamer to 2.0.2.  How do I go about getting auto update to work so I can automatically get 2.0.5 and future releases of this great driver?  thanks

JoeA, I have NO IDEA how to deal with the auto update issues,  your dealer needs to contact HouseLogix for that.

Archived