Jump to content

Recommended Posts


On 3/11/2018 at 10:48 PM, Dave w said:

Anybody have any update on the Intellicenter release?   Kicking off pool remodel tomorrow. 

Hi Dave,

From what we have been told, end of Q1 beginning of Q2. 

 

Ted

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, thedriverslab said:

Hi Dave,

From what we have been told, end of Q1 beginning of Q2. 

 

Ted

Hi Ted,  aren't we close to the beginning of Q3 unless you're talking about 2019+  ☺️

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/21/2018 at 4:11 PM, thedriverslab said:

Sorry about that meant Q2 / Q3.

Hi Ted - any update from Pentair?  I know they announced something called the IntelliConnect but that seems like a very basic control unit.  Not sure if that will work with an existing load center like EasyTouch or IntelliTouch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

From what I've seen in the YouTube video, the Intellicenter looks like an upgraded control unit.  Meaning, you'll have to replace your entire unit.  The current i9 kit runs about $1500 so not sure the new Intellicenter is going to be worth it for those that already have an Easytouch system.  

Not sure why pool automation is so difficult and expensive.  I already have the ScreenLogic 2 system that allows me to control everything from my mobile device as well as my PC.  Would be NICE to integrate I won't be pay that much if that's what it will cost.   The Pentair Alexa skill is horrible and never works so I've given up on that as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/12/2018 at 1:30 PM, SY3 said:

Hi Ted - any update from Pentair?  I know they announced something called the IntelliConnect but that seems like a very basic control unit.  Not sure if that will work with an existing load center like EasyTouch or IntelliTouch.

Hi everyone,

Spoke with Pentair and the IntelliCenter will be out later this month. 

Also to address your point of cost. The new IntelliCenter will actually end up being cheaper as the integration driver is FREE. Furthermore, there are no extra boards/parts needed for the integration. The IntelliCenter is light years ahead of the current lineup with added features/functions and ease of use thanks to the all-new touchscreen.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a Hayward Omnilogic and the integration with C4 is very basic (driver is readily available from C4). The Omnilogic has a great native application for controlling the various pool features and setting timers. Its IP control and you can access via a browser as well or anywhere via mobile device at no fee.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, thedriverslab said:

Hi everyone,

Spoke with Pentair and the IntelliCenter will be out later this month. 

Also to address your point of cost. The new IntelliCenter will actually end up being cheaper as the integration driver is FREE. Furthermore, there are no extra boards/parts needed for the integration. The IntelliCenter is light years ahead of the current lineup with added features/functions and ease of use thanks to the all-new touchscreen.

 

Thanks for the update.  Correct me if I'm wrong but if we already have the EasyTouch control unit with ScreenLogic control, wouldn't that need to be updated to the IntelliCenter? 

That would be the cost I was referring to.  I understand it will be less expensive than upgrading to the IntelliTouch i9 + iLink module but none the less a cost. I can't image the IntelliCenter costing less than $1500. So for those with existing or recently installed equipment, Control4 integration might not be that easy.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, SY3 said:

Thanks for the update.  Correct me if I'm wrong but if we already have the EasyTouch control unit with ScreenLogic control, wouldn't that need to be updated to the IntelliCenter? 

That would be the cost I was referring to.  I understand it will be less expensive than upgrading to the IntelliTouch i9 + iLink module but none the less a cost. I can't image the IntelliCenter costing less than $1500. So for those with existing or recently installed equipment, Control4 integration might not be that easy.  

That is correct. It is more so for those looking to upgrade their system.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello . . . I have a client telling me he's heard of a new interface that is expected to be in the $500 price point due out this fall.   I can't believe the Intellicenter would be so inexpensive . . . does anyone know about price?    I think this client believe they will be able to control their pump through their phone without a control panel, which I've tried to explain isn't possible . . .but does anyone know something I don't?   Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I see that IntelliCenter is finally out. I’m waiting for a quote. I must say the manual does not look much different from the Intellitouch just better (more modern) graphics and more feature circuits (macros).  Presumably functionality is in fact better and integration better. Time will tell.

@thedriverslab is the driver now available?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Let us know what you find out on InetlliCenter as we are just starting our pool build. Looks like this would be the way to go over the basic easytouch2 panel. Anyone have cost yet?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I reached out to my Pentair dealer today and he's following up with his distributor.  Said not all the parts are available yet since I want to upgrade my existing EasyTouch 4P system.  There are upgrade kits listed on their user guide but not sure on pricing information yet.  When I find out, will report back.

On 8/18/2018 at 2:18 AM, laurahijar said:

Hello . . . I have a client telling me he's heard of a new interface that is expected to be in the $500 price point due out this fall.   I can't believe the Intellicenter would be so inexpensive . . . does anyone know about price?    I think this client believe they will be able to control their pump through their phone without a control panel, which I've tried to explain isn't possible . . .but does anyone know something I don't?   Thanks!

Not sure where they heard that from but be interested to see what the price point is for the upgrade kits.  Seems that Pentair has thought about all the existing customers so hopefully it's in that ballpark price point.  Another dealer reported cost around $1950 for a new install but not sure what that included.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Heard back from my Pentair dealer late yesterday and the IntelliCenter upgrade parts are not available yet.  He spoke directly with the automation rep at Pentair.  The IntelliCenter is available now but as an entire unit ($2000 price point).  The upgrade pieces will be available in early Spring 2019.  Since the upgrade parts aren't in the ordering system yet, no way to estimate prices. 

So for those building a new pool, the IntelliCenter is the way to go.  Hopefully there will be a Control4 driver available soon.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Guys the driver is available. We are waiting on C4 to finish certification, however, if anyone has the system please let us know and we will provide you with the driver.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Is that $2000 just to add automation capabilities to your pool system?


That’s the cost of adding a whole new control unit. It’s basically the same cost as the other load centers when building a new pool. I’m waiting to see how much the upgrade kit costs but those won’t be available until Spring 2019.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...