C4 Forums | Control4

Issues with sluggish Control4 response and loading times

HI all

I posted about trouble with remote connection to C4 last week but then realized it was the whole system that was slow, not just remote connection.  I seemed to have gotten everything working again with power cycling of my HC800 unit. 

However, the problem returned yesterday where the whole system becomes progressively slower, eventually becoming so sluggish that nothing seems to work.  Accessing  the system through any app (whether on local network or via mobile) is very slow and the load times for the rooms and devices literally take minutes, if they load at all.  The night before the system stopped working, we noticed that there was significant lag time between pushing a button on the C4 remote and the command carrying out on screen. 

Resetting the HC800 again this morning seemed to do the trick and everything seems to working at normal speeds.  But this has now happened twice within the span of a week.

I've eliminated my ISP, router, modem as the source of the problem as everything else tied to the local network is working normally.

Does anyone have any insight into what this could be?   

Both times that the system stopped responding in the last week, it was sluggish from all apps, whether it was a mobile app or accessing the system through control4.com or using our handheld remotes. 

Right this moment, everything seems to be working normally, including remote access.  But I'm afraid the system will progressively slow down again and keep requiring me to manually reboot the HC800 every few days. 

I did talk to C4 tech support and they think it's due to the wink driver that was recently installed on my system.  apparently, they had another customer who called in recrntly with a similar slowdown issue and removal of the driver seemed to address the problem.  Has anyone else with the wink driver had the same issue?

4 minutes ago, carvelln said:

I did talk to C4 tech support and they think it's due to the wink driver that was recently installed on my system.  apparently, they had another customer who called in recrntly with a similar slowdown issue and removal of the driver seemed to address the problem.  Has anyone else with the wink driver had the same issue?

@phileaton is the author of that driver...

5 hours ago, carvelln said:

I haven't hope i don't

We have had a couple reports like this when there are many devices in the Wink account. Version 2 which is currently in beta, but nearing release addresses this issue. You can use version 2 with any valid license key or by entering the word BETA into the activation key for the driver. 

Exact issue happenend to 2 of my accounts with only 1 myq garage door connected to each project. Also have an anouncement linked to when garage door opens and it wold just keep playing over and over without garage door opening. Removed and seems to be working fine. Trying to get in touch with houselogix to see if they will replace the activation keys purchased for just a myq key. Crossing my fingers that the myq driver doesn't cause the same problems

17 hours ago, 2bc4 said:

Exact issue happenend to 2 of my accounts with only 1 myq garage door connected to each project. Also have an anouncement linked to when garage door opens and it wold just keep playing over and over without garage door opening. Removed and seems to be working fine. Trying to get in touch with houselogix to see if they will replace the activation keys purchased for just a myq key. Crossing my fingers that the myq driver doesn't cause the same problems

Hopefully you have better luck getting in touch with Houselogix (SNAPAV now) than we have.

You have to call Snap support and get things escalated. I think there is little focus on the driver said of the business now and all for internal development.  After numerous calls someone with some authority had mentioned it's not something that there is a large focus on moving forward.

Archived