C4 Forums | Control4

Emotiva XMC-1 IP driver

schwbo

Question

6 answers to this question

On 4/18/2017 at 6:34 AM, schwbo said:

I'm looking for a IP driver for the XMC-1. Emotiva has sent me an IR driver, but I'd rather use a native IP one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm picking up Emotiva's new RMC-1, supposed to have the same IR codes as the XMC, but I can't get a straight answer on the IP control abilities beyond the obvious compatibility with Emotiva's own iOS control app.

Were you able to find an IP driver for your XMC-1?

Hi!

Any luck with the Emotiva RMC-1 IP driver?

URC Total Control 2.0 driver seems to exist, albeit only 1-way:

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/2572/6926/files/URC_Total_Control_2.0_Emotiva_IP_Control_Integraiton_04082020_rev1.0.pdf?v=1586459947

This driver provides one-way control over IP of supported Emotiva processors. There is no user interface for this device; however, inputs/outputs can be assigned for auto-macro generation (Accelerate) and discrete functions are available for custom macro programming

Emotiva is VERY specific about the conditions/environment of their products in regard to warranty repair so I would caution using a 3rd party driver. I have seen their preamps have software/processor issues for odd reasons. The costs and efforts for them to make/compete in the AVR/processor space is difficult with all of the different licenses and codecs etc…. I use their amps in almost every home theater instal but I tend to stay away from their processors for some of those reasons. 

Also found this:

I am pretty sure that there is an issue with the ethernet NIC (Controller) crashing.
Several users were using ethernet remote control systems (I use Harmony, so didn't really note the outcome of this), and there was a problem that arose when keeping the XMC-2/RMC-1 constantly connected to the network.
I am certain it was Megash0n who tracked it down - between three and four weeks ago (It was just before I got my XMC-2) and in the other RMC-1 thread that was closed down when this unified XMC / RMC thread was created 

(may have been fixed in the firmware in the meanwhile though)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.