C4 Forums | Control4

Controlling Somfy Motors

that didn't work.  the thing is, the remotes work fine.  it is just the buttons on the wall....supposedly they are programmed fine on the control4 system.  ALL UP  ALL DOWN, and then MASTER BEDROOM ALL UP  MASTER BATH ALL DOWN  MASTER BEDROOM ALL DOWN  MASTER BATH ALL DOWN

but when I push any of the bottoms they do not do anything

2 minutes ago, gldnk9 said:

that didn't work.  the thing is, the remotes work fine.  it is just the buttons on the wall....supposedly they are programmed fine on the control4 system.  ALL UP  ALL DOWN, and then MASTER BEDROOM ALL UP  MASTER BATH ALL DOWN  MASTER BEDROOM ALL DOWN  MASTER BATH ALL DOWN

but when I push any of the bottoms they do not do anything

do you have Composer Home Edition to log in to look at the programming?  You say they are "supposedly" programmed fine, but do you know?  I recall having to name blinds and create groups and the like for Somfy - maybe after you moved in the name changed (ie you created your own account for the app or something) and therefore Somfy/C4 are not talking - so your Somfy remotes work but the C4 keypads dont?  Unless its a C4 remote, but then again same deal maybe the programming on the wall keypad is just older.

i did contact dealer and i think it is the programming, he told me to go to the link to see if i could do it myself, but i think it is all BS cuz the instructions don't tell you anything.  I already posted the link he sent to me.  They don't know what they are doing so often it takes them 4-5 hours to figure stuff out so then we are paying for all of their "learning" and figuring out time............

we are fed up with this system - we have to pay them to do everything, they won't let us have any programming control.  I HATE THAT....so if we want to change the lights to come on at a different time we have to contact them and they charge us every time.  Now these buttons don't work but the remotes do so it is totally something to do with the control4 system.  We are going to sell the whole thing........move toward Alexa to control stuff....anyway, thanks for help, just going to get OTHER switches and the new somfy wall plug that works with the app and control via ALEXA.

5 minutes ago, gldnk9 said:

sorry for the caps...just not happy with the control4 system.  sorry

Pay the $150 for Composer HE, which is the dealer programming software without the ability to add components and make the correct binding pathways.  Otherwise, very powerful if you want your own control.

Or buy the Bond device and switch to using that for control.  Somfy control products historically suck unfortunately.

2 minutes ago, lippavisual said:

Pay the $150 for Composer HE, which is the dealer programming software without the ability to add components and make the correct binding pathways.  Otherwise, very powerful if you want your own control.

Or buy the Bond device and switch to using that for control.  Somfy control products historically suck unfortunately.

Agree with buying composer.  Mylink was flakey until v5.2.  Since them I have 100% uptime for maybe 2-3 months.  Prior to that it would drop every few days 

3 hours ago, msgreenf said:

Mine too has been perfect on 5.2.

But the user says he is using serial... So should be Rock solid.

Yep was just saying to the other reply about somfy connections being poor.  The recent updates hopefully negated their past poor performance 

3 hours ago, gldnk9 said:

is software easy to use or will i have to end up getting the dealer to help again....

Very easy

i am tech savvy but not a programmer and I can do it.  It’s mostly graphical logic programming if that make sense

comes with a year for 4site too so at most you are out $50

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.