C4 Forums | Control4

Audio end point 2

rooms with audio that plays from both the tv as well as an amp. C4 will determine audio paths based on connections which sources will play from the speakers in the room and which will come out of the tv and if configured properly route signals and ramp volume appropriately. Is this in response to the post earlier trying to play c4 audio in a room while retaining cable as the video source but wanting the remote to know you want to control the cable box as the active source?

Right so all the audio end points would be the amp. 

What would audio end point 2 be used for? 

Not trying to argue genuinely curious and am just messing around with my system at home trying to figure out how to use. I'll give tech a shout some time I guess

53 minutes ago, sonic30101 said:

rooms with audio that plays from both the tv as well as an amp. C4 will determine audio paths based on connections which sources will play from the speakers in the room and which will come out of the tv and if configured properly route signals and ramp volume appropriately.

End point 1=amp

End point 2=tv speakers

No argument just listing how c4 deals with it

But isn't that what video audio end point is for?? Idk 

thanks for the help. I'm just not grasping it or it's left over from really old programming that isn't used with newer configurations? 

I just never used it and had some free time. Now I wish I had that time back lol. 

It allows you to have two separate endponts based on availability.

IE for video audio endpoints:

Vaudio endpoint/volume 1 - receiver

Vaudio endpoint/volume 2 - tv

Allowing full control over volume via C4 when using a smart TVs futures if no return path is available (or a local game concole not run back etc).

IE for audio endpoint

1 - receiver

2 - C4 amp output

Allowing local sources like record players to use a local receiver, but use central amp for other options.

You can take this further too and use the function (combined with other tricks) to force a path to a degree. For example, use TV speakers for Cable boxes (speech coming from the front) but use ceiling speakers for the Bluray player (room filling)

Thanks.

So would you not connect the VAEP in a situation above? Doesn't that force the path?

also in your example above where you have a local source, even if your EP's are all landed on an amp, C4 still knows it's not hooked up and does TV volume  done it many a time with Xbox's  

Cy- care to comment on my other thread about watch/listen? Which is what prompted this  

5 hours ago, knowitall said:

So would you not connect the VAEP in a situation above? Doesn't that force the path?

Not sure what you mean?

, even if your EP's are all landed on an amp, C4 still knows it's not hooked up and does TV volume  done it many a time with Xbox's  

Yes, a bug I myself pointed out to C4, which has caused some grief on occasion (rare but in certain setups you may want to PREVENT C4 from having a set volume control, not to mention it can possibly trigger TVs turning on at undesired times) - but now extend the example where you add a soundbar to the TV to up the audio quality of local sources somewhat.

Cy- care to comment on my other thread about watch/listen? Which is what prompted this  

Never saw it till you pointed it out

19 hours ago, Cyknight said:
On 6/8/2017 at 4:06 AM, knowitall said:

Not sure what you mean?

I read what you wrote wrong. Or misinterpreted it. Thanks again. The second end point is not for me it seems

• 11 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/29/2018 at 4:57 PM, pwb said:

All my music and surround sound are through Sonos connected to C4. Can I play announcements through that?

The new way to program announcements through sonos is by selecting a sonos favorite. Start the action by select the Sonos as an audio source for that room, then select a favorite from the list in the Sonos driver.  Need sonos to be updated to latest os, the new c4  sonos endorsed driver and minimum control4 os 2.91

Archived