C4 Forums | Control4

Messing about with alarm announcements

NextGenAV

Was playing with the new DSC Powerseries Neo after an install. Thought I would have a laugh and this is the announcement of the homes speakers when the alarm is activated. The internal sounder shuts off so you can hear it everywhere!

Not keeping it like this in the actual system :)

Balabolka can be fun!

AlarmActivated.mp3

It will be a very uncomfortable experience for anyone that decides to break into my home.

All lights inside and out will flash randomly

Everyone audio zone goes to near 100% blasting sirens

All doors windows locks  close and will continue closing if they are opened again

HEATER turned to max

and two friendly pit bulls that are starved of chew toys!

• 2 months later...
On 6/8/2017 at 1:09 PM, NextGenAV said:

Was playing with the new DSC Powerseries Neo after an install. Thought I would have a laugh and this is the announcement of the homes speakers when the alarm is activated. The internal sounder shuts off so you can hear it everywhere!

Not keeping it like this in the actual system :)

Balabolka can be fun!

AlarmActivated.mp3

im trying to do the exact same thing to mine, where by if the alarm goes off it plays a siren through out the house, how can i do that? i know i have to create the announcement and add the .wav file and then select the rooms where i want it to play,  but cant work out how to connect "When alarm goes off play announcement"

can i add it to be part off my push notification (so when the alarm goes off get notified), so when that triggers play announcement?

Thanks in advance.

The trigger will depend on the alsrm system in use - some drivers will have a direct WHEN system goes in to ALARM (note that you may find it under the partition vs the main driver) - other's you'll have to use WHEN ALARM_STATE_CHANGES_ IF Alarm is true.

But basically, wherever your programming is to send you a notification gets the 'trigger announcement' added.

16 hours ago, Cyknight said:

The trigger will depend on the alsrm system in use - some drivers will have a direct WHEN system goes in to ALARM (note that you may find it under the partition vs the main driver) - other's you'll have to use WHEN ALARM_STATE_CHANGES_ IF Alarm is true.

But basically, wherever your programming is to send you a notification gets the 'trigger announcement' added.

Thank you for this i just tried it, and i think i got it to work :) however, the sound file that i used "AlarmActivated.mp3"  (the file from @NextGenAV, thanks for the file :))that comes out of the speakers it starts half way of the file, i.e. not the beginning, i believe i need to set the "Star Delay" and "Stop Delay" in the announcement, what should i set that to? 

image.png.1cc223a8b59315dda6185bbc20c414cb.png

image.png.075fe45c88904a02f8dcaf14cd43fdbb.png

also it seems that once the alert has gone off, all the volume in all rooms stays high (what the announcement was set to), and does not revert back to normal volume setting :( 

Doing something similar in a urc house. Have the alarm contacts monitored through urc controller and based on the zone it triggers a relay on the back of hc250 to play audio back though system. It was an existing urc system so this was the easiest way to add announcements.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...
On 9/17/2017 at 1:52 AM, dipskhatri said:

Thank you for this i just tried it, and i think i got it to work :) however, the sound file that i used "AlarmActivated.mp3"  (the file from @NextGenAV, thanks for the file :))that comes out of the speakers it starts half way of the file, i.e. not the beginning, i believe i need to set the "Star Delay" and "Stop Delay" in the announcement, what should i set that to? 

image.png.1cc223a8b59315dda6185bbc20c414cb.png

image.png.075fe45c88904a02f8dcaf14cd43fdbb.png

also it seems that once the alert has gone off, all the volume in all rooms stays high (what the announcement was set to), and does not revert back to normal volume setting :( 

you could also adjust the start and stop delays

depending on the endpoints you may need to add the snap shot driver to help

Archived