C4 Forums | Control4

Amazon Dash Buttons?

jr219

19 hours ago, digitaltrader said:

I’ve been dying to get my hands on this ....anyway to sell me your version?

Yeah... I gave up on making this a real "product" when Amazon announced several months back that they were putting the buttons on end-of-life.  I have it all working in my system and I bought about 10 buttons to play with when Amazon was giving them away, but this will end up in the "interesting experiment" history books.

On 4/22/2019 at 11:52 AM, Joshua Pressnell said:

Yeah... I gave up on making this a real "product" when Amazon announced several months back that they were putting the buttons on end-of-life.  I have it all working in my system and I bought about 10 buttons to play with when Amazon was giving them away, but this will end up in the "interesting experiment" history books.

Is this something that could be added being I own your Apple HomeKit device.  I bought a bunch of the dash buttons in anticipation.

• 5 weeks later...
On 4/22/2019 at 5:34 AM, Pounce said:

Try this for adding a keyfob of buttons. Get a sonoff rf bridge. Flash it with tasmota or OpenMQTTGateway . Run an MQTT broker and use the MQTT driver. Get the sonoff 4 button rf keyfob. Bridge is like 15 bucks. Keyfobs are about 5 bucks. Using MQTT makes a lot of things very easy and flexible.

Dash buttons were killed earlier this year.

So David driver have the Sonoff RF Bridge as well? So; I can get the keyfob and use it instead of CardAccess Mini Remote?

6 hours ago, Amr said:

So David driver have the Sonoff RF Bridge as well? So; I can get the keyfob and use it instead of CardAccess Mini Remote?

Your question doesn't make sense to me. The firmware mentioned for the bridge supports MQTT. As you know that is sort of generic. Davids driver has nothing to to with the bridge.

• 2 months later...
On 5/27/2019 at 3:05 AM, Pounce said:

Your question doesn't make sense to me. The firmware mentioned for the bridge supports MQTT. As you know that is sort of generic. Davids driver has nothing to to with the bridge.

Following Control4 dropping the CardAccess keyfobs I ordered an RF bridge, still waiting for delivery. 

I believe they’ll accept your existing RF remotes. 

Will be interested in the range. 

David

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/20/2019 at 2:30 PM, david@berto.co.uk said:

Following Control4 dropping the CardAccess keyfobs I ordered an RF bridge, still waiting for delivery. 

I believe they’ll accept your existing RF remotes. 

Will be interested in the range. 

David

This is great as I do have the Sonoff RF bridge then I had no time during this summer to figure out what to do with it!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.