C4 Forums | Control4

Pentair Pool Integration

ejn1

Especially when I can buy a Raspberry Pi Zero W for $10 that has all the functionality that you would ever need to act as an interface.  Companies like Pentair and Jandy/Zodiac need to start creating a basic standard that allows their devices to communicate to the rest of the world and stop trying to screw their customers out of $500-$1000 for a smartphone interface.  Why is this any harder to do then something like a $15 Wifi LED controller that let's me control lights and change colors?  Why can't the pool companies integrate the same types of I/O in their products.

• 1 year later...

I have had a terrible time linking Pentair to C4.  burned out ports in two Control 4 main boxes and I am on my third one now.  They installed third last week and the integration has already quit working.  Just freezes and then non responsive.  I told my dealer to forget it!   They don't seem to have any idea why it is happening and just keep putting in new boxes.  I also had to spend over $1000 to replace the Pentair interface, which was less than a year old.  Any help appreciated.  

• 5 months later...
As far as connecting to it, just did my first one using a global cache wifi to rs232 and stuck a Ubiquity access point outside.

Dave - can you provide more details on how you setup the Global Cache unit and how it is working for you? Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have just completed the construction of a new house.  Have all Pentair products installed.  I was also able to run a couple CAT6 cables to my pool equipment along with an outdoor WAP.  Looks like I have a EZ touch controller with a wireless report right out of the 80's.  I also have their ScreenLogic WIFI module that plugs into my network but also has a wireless antenna to communicate to the pool equipment.  From this standpoint all my systems are working great!  I recently had my C4 dealer out and we couldn't find a way to integrate the two.  Although this ScreenLogic module plugs into my network we were unable to find it.  I don't think it registers an IP address therefor C4 can directly locate it for integration.

Any ideas on what I would need to add for the two to integrate?  I'm not looking to do anything crazy but would like to be able to turn on/off my pool lights and engage the spa to come on and heat up.

Thanks in advance!

-Chris

On 6/26/2017 at 9:41 AM, electrician9421 said:

Control4 does not work with the easytouch has to be intellitouch panel i7 or higher

With Intellitouch, does a physical wire have to be ran to the Intellitouch center and then back to the rack, or can it be WIFI

On 6/26/2017 at 9:41 AM, electrician9421 said:

Control4 does not work with the easytouch has to be intellitouch panel i7 or higher

With Intellitouch, does a physical wire have to be ran to the Intellitouch center and then back to the rack, or can it be WIFI

I'm reviving this thread to see if anything has changed. So we upgraded the pool to the Intellitouch Control panel. We currently have no wires ran to the panel for communication as it wasnt part of the initial plan. We do have extra CAT6 wires stubbed outside of the house about 30' away that we could bury and run to the location. But, is this needed or do we use the Pentair wireless bridge? We would like to have no issues with this and have heard mixed things about the Pentair driver, etc. What is the best way to integrate this with C4. We really only have a couple fountains and some pool lights to control, along with pool status, etc. would be nice.

You need to purchase an I-link adapter from Pentair to make a physical link between your intellitouch and your C4 system. You can’t do it wirelessly. Extend the Cat cable you have stubbed out of your house to the intellitouch panel and that can be used to connect your system to the I-link adapter and connect the i-link to the intellitouch panel. Have your dealer add the driver to your project and program away. 

12 minutes ago, jillmark99 said:

You need to purchase an I-link adapter from Pentair to make a physical link between your intellitouch and your C4 system. You can’t do it wirelessly. Extend the Cat cable you have stubbed out of your house to the intellitouch panel and that can be used to connect your system to the I-link adapter and connect the i-link to the intellitouch panel. Have your dealer add the driver to your project and program away. 

Ok, but that small adapter is $600? Wasnt told this when pool guy sold me the center so that we can integrate it

2 minutes ago, rf9000 said:

Ok, but that small adapter is $600? Wasnt told this when pool guy sold me the center so that we can integrate it

15 minutes ago, jillmark99 said:

You cant use the Pentair 523434 Wireless Link Kit or another option?

I just confirmed I have the EZ Touch controller.  This is very disappointing that its not compatible with C4.  Guess I should have done my homework a little better before purchasing.  

Perhaps one day Pentair will provide a way the EZ Touch can integrate to C4.

44 minutes ago, rf9000 said:

You cant use the Pentair 523434 Wireless Link Kit or another option?

Not if you want to integrate it with your C4 system and control it through the C4 interfaces. 

You have to buy the I-link. Sorry. I know they are an expensive little device for something the size of a USB stick. 

The Pentair wireless link only allows you to use it with Pentair equipment. 

I have the IntelliCenter (I think that’s what it is - latest and greatest as of 12 months ago) and it integrates just fine via hardwired connection (RJ45 network connection). I think it also works over WiFi but I haven’t tried. That said, I see almost no value in the integration. 

3 hours ago, ILoveC4 said:

I have the IntelliCenter (I think that’s what it is - latest and greatest as of 12 months ago) and it integrates just fine via hardwired connection (RJ45 network connection). I think it also works over WiFi but I haven’t tried. That said, I see almost no value in the integration. 

I was thinking having the c4 touchscreens to either avoid the pentair remote or not having to find it all the time would be a nice integration element?

15 hours ago, ILoveC4 said:

I found out I have the IntelliCenter also. So we need to get Cat6 to it, or will it work over WIFI?

5 minutes ago, rf9000 said:

I found out I have the IntelliCenter also. So we need to get Cat6 to it, or will it work over WIFI?

Also, I heard the driver is really buggy (of course). Like lights dont stay on, or cant even change the color of the lights, etc.?

On 4/10/2021 at 8:12 AM, rf9000 said:

I'm reviving this thread to see if anything has changed. So we upgraded the pool to the Intellitouch Control panel. We currently have no wires ran to the panel for communication as it wasnt part of the initial plan. We do have extra CAT6 wires stubbed outside of the house about 30' away that we could bury and run to the location. But, is this needed or do we use the Pentair wireless bridge? We would like to have no issues with this and have heard mixed things about the Pentair driver, etc. What is the best way to integrate this with C4. We really only have a couple fountains and some pool lights to control, along with pool status, etc. would be nice.

rf9000

i apologize. I miss informed you with my previous posts. I integrated my intellitouch system many many years ago and the I-link adapter was required at that time. I haven’t played around with the pool portion of my project for years. 

I looked at a newer intellitouch system today and see they now have a built in network port. I also checked the C4 drivers and I see there is a newer intellitouch driver. You should be able to run a Cat cable directly to your intellitouch control panel and use the newer driver to integrate with your C4 system. 
My apologies for my miss information. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.